Ual and cal alpa should

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sniper

Do not cooaperate with management, wait, have them Keep both companies separate, UAL management eventually will recall all of their pilots or whoever comes back, 30% max will come back I think.

Then merge with relative seniority like Delta did with NWA.

No raise till then and no pilot will be f---d.

My 2 cents

Dont do black tar heroine and then post. Thanks for the laugh[/QUO

I would love to educate you a little bit, but you are too young.

Ask your teacher at school tomorrow to show you how to look or google,

Texas Air - Eastern Airlines/Continental Airlines, how did they ran different by a sc--- named Lorenzo.

Then get back to us at FI

Do not cooaperate with management, wait, have them Keep both companies separate, UAL management eventually will recall all of their pilots or whoever comes back, 30% max will come back I think.

My 2 cents
Who would be f---d if you did relative seniority now, without recalls? No one.

true statement

I guess you guys are saying furloughed guys need to be integrated, even though they are not on property. I actually thought you would say 97-99 hires would be getting screwed, cause of their discrepancy in longevity with CAL guys. Everybody has their opinion, but I think including furloughed guys would be a windfall for UAL. Who knows, the arbitrator will decide.

Is united starting to go the way of USAIR east??

Bc that sounded like it-

If you've been hanging out at the bottom of united since 9/11, how do you not know you're exposed? How can you have the expectation of something better than relative?

The breaks suck- but do any UAL pilots want to lobby alpa to go back to a straight DOH policy. B/c you can't contemplate a merger with the old USAIR and be all about relative or better, and then 10 years later actually merge w/ CO and want more credit for longevity. It's a flimsy deal to always make the argument that suits you.

But you do have the democratic numbers over CO, just like the east and west.
I'd love to see some commitment out of UAL guys that they won't go that route. Bc none of can afford two of them.

Longevity argument will be moot soon anyway because all of the ual furloughs will have less time on property than the most junior CAL pilot.

My 2 cents

Or United could just furlough another 500 pilots on January 15, 2012. United pilots lose their furlough protection at the end of 2011. Also United is over staffed. If history shows us any thing. It is that Continental management likes as few pilots as possible.

So keep your advice, hold out till next year. Maybe the company can find 500 more pilots to use as hostages. It would help the CAL-ALPA merger committee. In the argument, that a 2007 hire CAL pilot should be senior to a UAL 1995 hire using the relative seniority model.

Latest resources

Back