• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL air-to-air rant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not weak at all but practical. Who has 16 years to wait for the 2000 standards? Plus by the time 2021 rolls around 2000 standards will have been eaten alive by inflation.

We need a deal. We need improvement. We need a two year deal. And we need avenues for improvement.

Side letter deals would be a start. All agreement in principle should be immediately implemented. And any conflicting issues should also be immediately resolved. If a training issue conflicts with a scheduling issue the improved issue should decide the deficiency.

SCOPE should be left as is and dealt with at the end. None of the SCOPE contract expire till 2015. Are both groups willing to wait till 2015 to sign a bad deal and then live with it, and then try and get another deal?

Luckytohaveajob you sound desperate for a contract regardless to how good or bad it is. You need to relax and let the process take place.

I am not weak at all but practical. Who has 16 years to wait for the 2000 standards? Plus by the time 2021 rolls around 2000 standards will have been eaten alive by inflation.

We need a deal. We need improvement. We need a two year deal. And we need avenues for improvement.

Side letter deals would be a start. All agreement in principle should be immediately implemented. And any conflicting issues should also be immediately resolved. If a training issue conflicts with a scheduling issue the improved issue should decide the deficiency.

SCOPE should be left as is and dealt with at the end. None of the SCOPE contract expire till 2015. Are both groups willing to wait till 2015 to sign a bad deal and then live with it, and then try and get another deal?

Side letters? YHGTBSM

Don't worry guys, I officially donate my vote to offset lucky's. This is ridiculous.

Side letters? :puke:

sounds like someone wants to retire and wants some sort of retro to bail. Get it done now so I can leave.

Lucky: I think you have a problem with any and all of us that have drawn a line in the sand and will not accept another contract that is in any way concessionary. There are plenty of those pilots on both sides of this merger, so blaming CAL pilots is a waste of time and diminishes unity. I think you need to get a full update from a rep on where we are truly at in this process. Our collective position is too good to be in a rush. If you are really worried about where we'll all be in 16 years then you want to let this specific contract take whatever time it needs.

Lucky: I think you have a problem with any and all of us that have drawn a line in the sand and will not accept another contract that is in any way concessionary. There are plenty of those pilots on both sides of this merger, so blaming CAL pilots is a waste of time and diminishes unity. I think you need to get a full update from a rep on where we are truly at in this process. Our collective position is too good to be in a rush. If you are really worried about where we'll all be in 16 years then you want to let this specific contract take whatever time it needs.

What he said.........

Latest resources

Back