UAIR pilots to vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
He is an analyst with no airline experience.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Hey GL, looks like you may have a deal soon. Hurry up, ERJ needs those orders before the end of the year.;)

He called himself an amateur ‘Anal Cyst’. Personally, I think you are a professional.

Lowecur,

Seriously, you keep me laughing, your inputs are very funny. Good luck with your ERJ shares, just remember that this is not a ‘hobby’ for most of us, it is our life. Just keep that in mind when you post some of your ‘jokes’.

Regards-

BD32

Beechdriver32 said:
He called himself an amateur ‘Anal Cyst’. Pain in the A$$. Personally, I think you are a professional. Professional Insurance Agent.

Lowecur,

Seriously, you keep me laughing, your inputs are very funny. Good luck with your ERJ shares, just remember that this is not a ‘hobby’ for most of us, it is our life. Just keep that in mind when you post some of your ‘jokes’. You need a sense of humor the most when things seem the worst. I try to be serious and inject some levity to make it a little more interesting. Unfortunately, not everyone is on the same page. You just can't please the world. :)

Regards-

BD32

Lc--TWAdude hasn't "gotten around" by his choice. He and I and thousands of others live this 'game'. Anal-ysts just kibitz.TC

lowecur said:
I don't need the money, and I haven't quit yet. What kind of a statement is that?
You implied that the almost-retired guys were trying to sellout the rest.

The no brainer is the yes vote on the TA.
How would you know? You don't work there.

I'm a semi retired insurance agent and amateur analcyst that luvs this business.
Thank you for answering. I welcome your opinions here but advise that you might benefit from putting yourself in other people's shoes. You tend to be callous to the plights of real people.
It's easy to look at this industry from the outside and point fingers but when you're living it the perspective can be different. It's very easy to blame Labor for everything. Well guess what, you have to pay employees to work and happy employees work harder than unhappy ones. And it's usually not a matter of pay but of respect that makes employees happy. The USAir employees have been cornered and are now being told to shoulder the blame for that which isn't their fault. How would you feel, especially with the knowledge that your repeated concessions may have no effect anyway? If a ship is sinking does it not make sense to jump before the final dive?

Gee, you get around alot.
Not all by choice.

You haven't made much money, unless you've shorted those stocks.
I'm a pilot, not a broker. GE's done me well so far.

TWA Dude said:
You implied that the almost-retired guys were trying to sellout the rest. They are.

How would you know? You don't work there. Let's just say I have a sixth sense. We'll see who's right at the end of the month when you should see a landslide vote to accept the TA.

Thank you for answering. I welcome your opinions here but advise that you might benefit from putting yourself in other people's shoes. You tend to be callous to the plights of real people. Actually, I'm very sensitive to the plight of the majority, but I don't have alot of patience for employees who continually try to piss into a hurricane. At some point you just have to accept the inevitable, circle the wagons, start a new base and rebuild. As a recent article stated, deregulation is finally beginning to work. The legacy's always found a way to rebuff the LCC startups and this thing called capitalism.

It's easy to look at this industry from the outside and point fingers but when you're living it the perspective can be different. It's very easy to blame Labor for everything. I don't blame labor for anything. Everything you have seen in this business the last 20 years is the process of nobody wanting to give an inch or work together. Both mgt and labor are at fault for carrying their causes to extremes. Perhaps there will be lessons learned from what's going on, but I have my doubts, as the usual ego's will surface in future negotiations.

Well guess what, you have to pay employees to work and happy employees work harder than unhappy ones. And it's usually not a matter of pay but of respect that makes employees happy. Sorry, but I believe it's both.

The USAir employees have been cornered and are now being told to shoulder the blame for that which isn't their fault. How would you feel, especially with the knowledge that your repeated concessions may have no effect anyway? This business is changing in leaps and bounds by the minute. There is no way UAIR mgt could have predicted $50 oil or LUV's incursion in PHL. You try and make mgt decisions based on the latest available data that will make the business viable and keep people employed.

If a ship is sinking does it not make sense to jump before the final dive? No, not unless you have another job.

Last edited:
Frankly

Frankly I wish Lowecur would quit annoying people with his banal attitude and semi-business related language. After all, that is my job.

I have spent 40 years in business learning how to aggevate managment and labor all at the same time dazzeling both with the by products of bull with my incredible memory of the non-significant. Most would rather I forgot long ago the facts that I have managed to retain so that they are dredged up at the absolute worst time in pursuit of some remote point. Lowecur has managed at an apparently younger age to come up with the same agruments.

One of the great things about this business is we have pilots. Now in other businesses without the benefit of pilots, middle management is forced to spend their days hanging around and making the same type comments we see on these boards towards Upper Management. Here we have pilots and management taking sides. Of course, if things get really bad, we can pick on flight attendants. Meanwhile, mechanics are sitting in a bar somewhere devoid of personal computers saying screw off to all of us.

USAirways is dead. It is as dead as one gets in the business world. The trouble is that instead of recognizing that and moving along, everyone will hang around and bitch about things and the way it used to be until someone has the graciousnous to put a bullet into the carcus.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back