UA-Skywest CASS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

oldxfr8dog

Sorry if this is old news, I tried a search with no luck.

A (quite snippy) UA gate agent told me today that only UA and Skywest pilots could sit in the cockpit JS on a UAX flight. Despite my companies participation in CASS and despite the fact that she saw my pic on the CASS website, I was out of luck. I told her I didn't understand why a CASS approved pilot could ride on UA or Skywest but not on a Skywest airplane operating as UA X. She told me that was the way it was and if I didn't understand, it was my problem. And "the flight was overbooked". Then she turned away. I lucked out and got a cabin seat, but what's the story?
The Skywest crew, cool as usual, was puzzled and annoyed when I told them about it.
Any experts out there?

At AE we were advised that UAX outstations would no longer be supporting CASS. Something to do with with UAL not wanting to pay the cost of maintaining the computers (BS).

You should have been able to sit in the jumpseat because you're a UAL pilot. If you're not a UAL or UAX pilot you can't sit up front because SKW is not in the CASS system. I thought they were until about 2 weeks ago when there was a SKW pilot trying to catch a ride home on UsAir out of ORD. I had the jumpseat already, but there are 2 on the A319 and explained that to the SKW pilot. That's when he told me they were not in CASS yet.

And can someone in the UA system clarify: As long as the gate computer can pull up your photo, can you still CASS-jumpseat on a UAX flight, or is there now a system-wide prohibition on UAX CASS because "some" computers can't display photos? Thanks!

SkyWest is CASS. The problem is with some of the stations handled by United (OAK and LAS that I know of) are not able to do the photos. Or I should say that the day that photo CASS was supposed to be turned on, they weren't. I don't know if they are now or not.

Latest resources

Back