UA Looks into Selling Training Facility

Skippy

Total Time
N/a
are you drunk or high--- you should check dates on things:

wow 1993! thats 15 years old---

do you work for the same florida paper that published we were going bankrupt?

COMPANY NEWS; UNITED AIRLINES WANTS TO SELL TRAINING BASE

• <LI class=email>E-MAIL <LI class=print>Print function submitCCCForm(){ PopUp = window.open('', '_Icon','location=no,toolbar=no,status=no,width=650,height=550,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes'); this.document.cccform.submit(); } <LI class=reprints>
writePost();new_york_times:http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CEFD81138F934A15750C0A965958260&sec=&spon=

Published: March 27, 1993

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time
We put a man on the Moon?!?

Sig

Total Time
100%
Women can not only drive a horseless carriage- they can vote?

Marko Ramius

Vilnius Nastavnic
Total Time
25 w/L
I think they'd be better off if they just hired a new CFO who specializes in selling assets, and just starting off small by selling the flight kitchens to someone like Dial who owns Dobbs. Then they could threaten to keep breaking the company up and then maybe the employees would give them sort of concession to stave it off, perhaps in exchange for a virtually useless equity stake.

ual321

Former Tilton Monkey
Total Time
2+
Makes one wonder why the company removed all logo signs off the training center building about two weeks ago... Can anybody update if the signs are back on?

Dude

Primer oficial
Total Time
10000+
When are they retiring the stretch 8's?

Sig

Total Time
100%
Ha!

I don't know what the fuss is all about, I just got hired by Braniff! See ya at age 60, losers!

Spooky 2

Total Time
Enough
I believe that bothe Boeing/Alteon and CAE have looked at this facility within the last 120 days. Clueless as what will happen next..if anything.

Sig

Total Time
100%
Who cares? I, for one, am taking my entire family on a cruise. I saved a bunch of money by switching to Steerage Class, but hey? When's the next time you can set sail on the newly christened "Titanic" on her maiden voyage? To be safe, I'm carrying all documents of notable importance- especially my priceless heirlooms and every single breathing scion of my family tree- just to have them on the safest device ever built by mankind.

Suckers.

Last edited:

Abernathy

Truthiness
Total Time
Lots
Who cares? I, for one, am taking my entire family on a cruise. I saved a bunch of money by switching to Steerage Class, but hey? When's the next time you can set sail on the newly christened "Titanic" on her maiden voyage? To be safe, I'm carrying all documents of notable importance- especially my priceless heirlooms and every single breathing scion of my family tree- just to have them on the safest device ever built by mankind.

Suckers.
I hear it's unsinkable. Technology is amazing.

Sig

Total Time
100%
I hear it's unsinkable. Technology is amazing.
Ain't it just?

My dad- the President of the United States- realized I was bored as hell, loafing around the house. WE have exclusive seats at Ford's Theater to take in a quick show.

What could go wrong?

Philistines! See ya from the balcony!