• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA furlough numbers released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are incorrect. As I have already stated, the Governor of Montana has stated that they have 800 BILLION barrels worth of oil in the form of shale, and it can be produced into the liquid form for about $50 a barrel. We supposedly import 4 Billion barrels of oil a year, and the 800 billion in Montana alone could supply us for 200 years. The people who are against this right now are the oil companies. The Governor of Montana is for it. Do you know anyone else how uses shale for oil? Canada, right above Montana.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

And how much more carbon does that produce?

If I quit flying my Airbus, then someone else would. It would make no difference. However, I can make choices that make a difference. From what car (if any) to buy, to recycling, to who I vote for. I find no hypocrisy in that. On a per-seat basis, it's more carbon friendly for me to fly 150 people from NY to CA than have then all drive.

Why don't you lock yourself in your garage with you car running and see what clean air means to you.

Ahhh, rationalization. The principal form of exercise for today's eco-weenie on the go.

"I see a lot of stupid people in the world. I could scam them out of their money, because if I don't, someone else will! Why not make things better for myself?"

Maybe if you quit flying, others would be inspired by your conviction. Others would then quit to go tend sheep or weave baskets. Then there would be a lack of pilots, and airlines would have to cancel flights. Seats would get expensive on the remaining flights, and fewer people would fly. Eventually, there would then be fewer airplanes, and thus fewer emissions.

Weak. Maybe you should stop crapping in your toilet. It's more "carbon friendly" to just hold it all in.

Nu

Ahhh, rationalization. The principal form of exercise for today's eco-weenie on the go.

"I see a lot of stupid people in the world. I could scam them out of their money, because if I don't, someone else will! Why not make things better for myself?"

Maybe if you quit flying, others would be inspired by your conviction. Others would then quit to go tend sheep or weave baskets. Then there would be a lack of pilots, and airlines would have to cancel flights. Seats would get expensive on the remaining flights, and fewer people would fly. Eventually, there would then be fewer airplanes, and thus fewer emissions.

Weak. Maybe you should stop crapping in your toilet. It's more "carbon friendly" to just hold it all in.

Nu

Let me know how that air quality experiment goes.

God - how did this turn into oil.

Bottom line- get even-keeled on the environment. Unless you live in a dirty sh!thole and never clean your own house-- the environment is just a challenge to be answered... You shouldn't be hugging trees- and you shouldn't be clearcutting rain-forests-- keep it balanced-- bc you should never type out something as stupid as what NuGuy just did.

Good luck to all UAL pilots- you've been real good for a lot of years- and have been the victim of unprecedented corruption at the executive and government levels. What a mess.

Here's someone that lives in a bubble.

I can guarantee that you've never visited the Alabama coast. Visit gulf shores. The rigs are so big it seems you could swim to them. Lets put one in your backyard and see if you bring the drama. See below.

good luck UAL

Yeah i live in a bubble :rolleyes: I was born and raised in Houston, hint-lots of oil business around my "backyard". I grew up around oil rigs and often went out to rig sites. Thanks for playing champ.

Yeah i live in a bubble :rolleyes: I was born and raised in Houston, hint-lots of oil business around my "backyard". I grew up around oil rigs and often went out to rig sites. Thanks for playing champ.

Ahh, that's why you don't have a problem. You don't know what a real beach looks like....

box :0

And how much more carbon does that produce?

Good question, but an elected official (the governor) probably woudn't promote something that was bad for his state. And, the Canadians are doing it just to the North, which is just as beautiful of a place. Aren't we as a country trying to promote coal usage now, as a clean burning technology? I have a feeling they have come up with better technologies to mitigate the harmful emissions. If not, it would not be approved. The problem right now is that nobody with a lot of money (like oil companies) wants to invest in it. Why would they? They have cornered the market. But, we have the technology and we have roughly 800 billion gallons of oil in shale waiting for us in Montana. Don Veritas was WRONG when he said we have a finite resource. (well maybe in 250 years)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ahh, that's why you don't have a problem. You don't know what a real beach looks like....

box :0

Ahh but i do know what a real beach looks like.;)

Do you know why the water is brown along the coastline, west of Louisiana and not so much the east? Hint its not from oil production ;)

Destroy the coastline???:confused: How so? Most people wouldn't even notice the rigs IF they could even see them. Drilling for oil WONT "Destroy" the coastlines. That's a tree-hugger~drama queen comment.:p

Nah, it's a fisherman, boater, surfer perspective who has seen the tar balls wash up on beaches and stared at platforms out in the middle of nowhere. They say there's enough oil off the NJ, DE, MD shore for 2 years worth of US consumption. Speculation has caused this oil price spike. OPEC announced that current demand is less than forecast so there's plenty of oil going around. Thank the commodities market for this cluster******************** that going on.

Out.

Why are junior people staying in aviation? Why not use the greatest asset they have, youth, to their advantage and do something more lucrative? Every furloughee has come back to less of a job than they left. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Latest resources

Back