• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. government, two airlines say open to settling merger fight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Parker wants this more than anyone at either airline, I'm betting he will do what it takes to make sure it gets done.

Yeah, but some are reporting that one of the DOJ's main issues is they don't want Parker to be in charge. :laugh: If true then Parker is in a pickle... and he better F-ing resign his sorry aZ$ yesterday!

Yeah, but some are reporting that one of the DOJ's main issues is they don't want Parker to be in charge. :laugh: If true then Parker is in a pickle... and he better F-ing resign his sorry aZ$ yesterday!

That's pure bullsh!t. I bet that you can't back that up with one article. You are simply parroting USAPA's motion to participate amicus curiae in the upcoming anti-trust trial.

Total BS. I would love to read anything supporting that.

Well, I was one of those who posted that rumor. I keep on hearing it again & again from different sides. Not saying that there's anything to it, but if you look at Parker's record of (non-) accomplishments, I am beginning to wonder....

His main accomplishment is exploiting a civil war amongst his largest and most expensive labor group to eek out modest profits when before the corporation was a bloated, dying organism. He managed to shove the beached whale back into the ocean.

Improving the baggage system nightmare that was PHL was crucial as well. The increase of other profit centers like bag and re-booking fees are also part of the turn around.

Make no mistake, he is a megalomaniacal weasel-lipped Harvard business school charlatan, but these successes (depending greatly on your perspective) are the reason this business is both viable and in the black.

Latest resources

Back