• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Customs Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what its worth I heard approximately 230 applicants before the January priority cut. 40 of those did not meet qualifications. leaving around 190 interviews, to start end of this month or next. Might be a little off with the numbers but they are in the ballpark.

Customs

I have some info on the BICE hiring process. I have heard that the cutoff score for this round was 91. I have also heard that some guys are currentyly getting calls for interviews as of Friday, Feb 27. The guys I know that were called were ones that had VERY high scores, but I'm not sure that means anything. They are scheduling interviews for the week of March 8th, but one guy is interviewing March 15th. I understand that they are relatively flexible on the date. If I hear more, I will post.

Brent Miller

Any News?

So.....anybody been called for an interview lately? My 93 score (Airplane/FW, all civ) hasn't earned me the call as of yet. Has anybody with a similar score heard anything?

Wang

Interviews

Wang,

Interviews are going on this week through April. The first group of calls went out around 1 March and the next group of calls is going out now I believe.

I interview in a few weeks, my points and flight time are listed earlier in this thread

Hornet:

Thanks for the reply. Good luck to you and everybody else going thru the process.

Any more new interviews? I scored a 94 Airplane, and still have not heard a thing about an interview. The rumor was everyone who scored above 91 would interview.

Thanks for any info.

Heard rumor that Customs hiring was on a hold due to a budget mess-up. I scored a 95 airplane in the early consideration deadline, no new news. Has anyone heard anything recently? Or does anyone who has interviewed have any additional info?

I have news from the famous source of a normally reliable type...

All people who are going to be interviewed from this vacancy have been interviewed. It looks like they went through the dual qualed apps first, then took a couple of airplane only interviewees. There may be few more interviews to get alternates, but I think that is it for this go around. S*cks, but there it is. Last interview I've heard about was early April.

don't hold your breath...

I too was in the early consideration group, had multiple friends on the inside, and great rec's. However...I found out that myself and about forty other applicants were disqualified because the GS-5 employee's in DC, who were responsible for determining eligibility did not understand what an Airline Transport Pilot certificate is and failed to further read the photo copies of my licsenes. My friends in the agency said that I could fight it, but have decided not to waste time or energy on it. I would say that I question the ligitimacy of any organization which puts unqualified people in the position of sorting the very applications that would provide the staffing needed to maintain viability of that organization. I seriously doubt that I myself will waste my time with customs again. Best of luck to you!:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back