• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airways bids 8 Billion to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8 Billion spondoolicks to merge with Delta- and we're facing record cancellations at my POSline because the equipment is garbage and the money won't get spent to fix it?

Hey! Look at this 5 gallon bucket! Watch me put 15 gallons of feces in it! Hooray!

Hey QUACK. Did you know that your AVATAR is really a MAN? I mean, what kind of girl has size 11 feet. I've heard that she is the "Hilton Secret!!":laugh:

If USAir has 3-4 Rjs in market A and Delta also has 3-4 Rjs, all the sudden it might make more sense to have 3-4 mainline aircraft.

Mainline aircraft replacing regional aircraft on the same route? Can't you see?

This is good for all of us.

I don't see how this gets past the Gov. They would have to shrink the combind airline by 20 or 30%. They compete on vertually every route in the east. Many in the West and Midwest. They would have to close the CLT hub, probably the Salt Lake City Hub.

This would be bad for all the employees but I won't matter because it won't happen. -Bean

I don't see hub closings...PHX and LAS don't have the capacity to handle the SLC traffic on top of what they already have...

I don't see hub closings...PHX and LAS don't have the capacity to handle the SLC traffic on top of what they already have...
Right, that's what STL thought about DFW and ORD when American took over TWA. But, really, LAS is more of a mainline destination than a regional transfer hub like SLC. We'll see what happens.
Hopefully, as stated before, consolidation will lead to more mainline and less regional flights.

Latest resources

Back