• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airways bids 8 Billion to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since alot of Delta's senior pilots took early retirement, you know that the senior USAir boys are licking their chops thinking about flying their newly acquired 777s around the world!

Since alot of Delta's senior pilots took early retirement, you know that the senior USAir boys are licking their chops thinking about flying their newly acquired 777s around the world!

For every pilot that retired, the rest of the pilots moved up a number. Delta still has senior pilots, they are just a little younger now.

Something tells me they really don't give a #%@ about that. The senior USAir pilot I know wants nothing more than to quietly finish out his career and live the rest of his life. They've been through a lot and I'd say they are pretty much "over it."

I don't see how this gets past the Gov. They would have to shrink the combind airline by 20 or 30%. They compete on vertually every route in the east. Many in the West and Midwest. They would have to close the CLT hub, probably the Salt Lake City Hub.

This would be bad for all the employees but I won't matter because it won't happen. -Bean

yea im sure the PDT/PSA guys gotta love this one!!, That flow through that was not really ever there, but destroyed completely by the AWst/USair Merge, now is deader than dead. The good old PDT MEC blowing smoke "we need to work with America West and the US mec", haahhahah lets hear them be optimistic about this one.

You gonna need some Union Generals now...Bobby Lee

Wow, that was a genius remark. It will still be called Delta if this even goes through, and most of the USAIr guys are ready to retire. Age 65 won't happen for a few years thanks to the Democrats in Congress. So, what is your point again? Bobby Lee?

And, since yields and RASM have gone up lately, mainline planes would probably not be in the capacity decrease if a merger happened, meaning RJs would be parked. Why have 10 flights a day to FAY from ATL and CLT? Larger markets that have mainline planes would keep them because they can fill them with higher fares, but smaller cities would lose out, and so would the regionals, Bobby Lee. Even the Anal-cysts on CNBC predict that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I feel like I am getting smooshed between two fat girls...this sucksssss....

Wow, that was a genius remark. It will still be called Delta if this even goes through,

Bye Bye--General Lee

ahahhahahhaha, good one general, ahahahahaha

you think you have a say in what this would be called, im sure DP, would name it USair, just to stick it too ya. This is a TAKEOVER not a merger.

ahahhahahhaha, good one general, ahahahahaha

you think you have a say in what this would be called, im sure DP, would name it USair, just to stick it too ya. This is a TAKEOVER not a merger.

Read the press releases. One of the first things mentioned in each of them is that the new company would retain the Delta name. It's all about branding and Delta has a more recongizable name worldwide.

For every pilot that retired, the rest of the pilots moved up a number. Delta still has senior pilots, they are just a little younger now.

I know that. It just means that when you are merged by DOH, all the senior US guys will bid over and take all the 777 flying from current DAL pilots.

Latest resources

Back