Typical minimums for flying freight???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
clt72pilot said:
Astar...Formerly DHL and yes we are hiring.

What kind of mins. are you looking for...I'd like to stay in freight throughout my career but this 135 on-demand is deadly on the family life.

jeez, 6 figures in a 727? i have 53 hours TT, do i qualify for the mins!?!!?

Typical minimums for flying freight???

One bottle of Glenlivet

I got hired with right at 135 mins and about 10 multi. The company I got hired to fly for was about to lose the run I took over, so I kinda got lucky.
Or not, since I wound up flying a bucket..........

I love flying freight. When I tell people what I do, all that they ask me is if I would like to fly commercially someday-I just tell them that I think that it's funner just to volunter my time and fly for free:D

The fondest memories of my career were flying freight. Do it and you will stand out among your whole generation of fellow civ pilots. ( when I was coming up it was hard to get a job if you didn't have some 135 time. Now it's pretty much cfi to right seat of a shiny new rj ) Being in charge even in a light twin in that environment at such an early stage of your career will build a lot of character. Go for it dude. Best of luck and be safe. Fly that s$$t and you will automatically gain respect as you forge ahead in your career. And rightfully so.

The fondest memories of my career were flying freight. Do it and you will stand out among your whole generation of fellow civ pilots. ( when I was coming up it was hard to get a job if you didn't have some 135 time. Now it's pretty much cfi to right seat of a shiny new rj ) Being in charge even in a light twin in that environment at such an early stage of your career will build a lot of character. Go for it dude. Best of luck and be safe. Fly that s$t and you will automatically gain respect as you forge ahead in your career. And rightfully so.

True enough Jimcav! It is a character builder and definitely matures you as a pilot in fairly short order. Like you, I have also found it to be a very highly respected part of my experience. When relating past experience with a Captain I've not previously flown with, I of course always tell everything, which includes military flying. Invariably, the first thing out of their mouth is then "D@mn, you flew those Metros by yourself!?". It stands out even above my AF flying in most people's minds.

I say "Do it!". It was mostly fun too, except for the days when you were out on the ramp with your buds, making ice sculptures that resembled Metroliners. Then loading them up to the gills, taking them out and seeing whose would fly.

Latest resources

Back