Typical Jetblue Month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
32LT10 said:
According to the master scab list CO had 1,996 and UAL 837. The one good thing about having scabs on the property is you get to look at these maggots and watch them slither around operations and the terminal. You get a first hand look at what the make up of such miserable creatures they are. It gives you the better ability to see the qualities in others. Being able to recognize scab like tendencies is a benefit of having these rascals around.

West Coast turns is but an ingredient to the persona.

Hey Scab,

Takes one to know one.

OK guys. Enough. I only wanted to know what a typical jetBlue month was like. 3-on, 4-off? 7-on, 7-off? Or something in between. And after 4 pages of drivel, still no answer.

Remember, opinions are like butt holes...Everyone's got one.
The trick is to not show it in public.

Once everyone realizes this, your collective blood pressure will drop 10-fold.
In the mean time, relax, drink a beer, and kick your 3-legged dog.

original topic

Pilottodd2 said:
OK guys. Enough. I only wanted to know what a typical jetBlue month was like. 3-on, 4-off? 7-on, 7-off? Or something in between. And after 4 pages of drivel, still no answer.

How dare you take over this thread with your irrelevant off the subject original topic!

Reserve is 12 days off a month and you have a fairly good ammount of control as to how those days are spaced. Most commuters do 4, 5 or 6 days on at a time to minimize commutes. A few locals do one or two days on at a time so they're home more. You can move and even drop reserve days very easily if the staffing is there, and its not extremely uncommon to get released early on your last day. Its still reserve, but its one of the better reserves without a long call out there.

Lineholders average like 15-16 days off most months. Productivity is high. With our online trip swapping system you never have to do your whole original schedule if you don't want to. JFK is bigger and therefore you have more options to swap, but QOL for line holders here is pretty good. Senior FO's can get 17-20 days a month off quite easilly.

By the way, its not cheating if its YOUR dog.

Last edited:
Pilottodd2 said:

First of all, dd, you get what you deserve when it comes to asking questions about jb on this board. You might as well have asked a White House spokesman. The funny thing about jb threads is that Boeingman and 32LT10 always seem to get into a HUGE cage match -- man, what I wouldn't give to see those two claw at each other in real life. Ha!

I thought we answered all of your questions, reread your post and saw that we didn't. Each month the bid is based upon a target amount of hours. You can bid the lower or min value for the month, or the greater or max value for the month. You can set a min days off function in between trips to help with qol or commuting and you can avoid trips that may not suit you. That is PBS and it is seniority based, so take what I just said with a grain of salt. A junior fo is not gonna be happy with 100% of his line until 6-8 months. BUT -- you can always drop trips, paid or unpaid, as long as you don't go below 70 hours for the month (unless of course you have mil days or something to that effect). That being said, once you get a line, you can drop/swap/add to your heart's content, as long as what you see in opentime makes you happy. Or what you see helps you commute etc.

As for trips, I have 4 next month (I am a junior jfk fo). 1 3 day, 2 4 day and 1 5 day. All lines are commutable on the front side, and all but one are commutable on the back side. I average daily credit close to 6 hours, but that's what I bid for. I want to get as many hours of flight time in as few days as possible. Think 3 day trips worth 18-plus, 4 day trips worth 24-plus, etc. As close to that 30 in 7 that you can be. We get paid for what we fly, maybe someday we will have a min rig like fedex (yeah, I know, I am dreaming), but until then, jb, like any airline is a balance of pay and qol. Sometimes the money just aint worth a few less days off a month.

I think our system is pretty good, but it's my first airline and I am new to the game. Take care.

Last edited:
IronCityBlue said:
By the way, did everyone notice what he did with the "blew" thing there? See, its pronounced like "Blue" but the literal meaning of that way he spells it disparages JetBlue in a very clever way. Like the past tense of Blows. That's solid.

The funniest thing I've seen in 4 pages!

Boeingman said:
Just like the minority hiring program at United right 32?
There is no denying you are typical of the arrogant Brain Surgeon we all know permeates through the ranks at United...excuse me YONITED

Beoingman, I had thought you'd be above this. You seem to have an unhealthy affinity to the past hiring practices at UAL...Get over it.

I don't always agree with 32 and his style is more of a baseball bat to your head then mutual dialogue but he's entitled to his opinion. But you seem to have no trouble grouping 7000+ pilots with that "arrogance that permeates UAL" statement....sad.

Do you actually know how many minorities and Women pilots are employed by UAL or are you gathering your info from bitch sessions around your cockpit about all things bad about UAL? I've only been at UAL since 98 but can say with a certain degree of certainty that the VAST majority of the pilots here are white/male......But you can come your on scientific conclusions

And I find your "Yonited" inference both disgusting and racist, but hey what ever makes you feel more like a man...

Disgusted

Koko

Hey moderators, 32 apparently hasn't learned his lesson. Time for him to spend maybe 10 days offline. This forum would be so much better.

Last edited:
JB Bus Drvr said:
Het moderators, 32 apparently hasn't learned his lesson. Time for him to spend maybe 10 days offline. This forum would be so much better.

Seriously, I didn't see anything in the above posts but good debate. You my friend need to lighten up. It's OK not to be in agreement with JB's desire for Transcon. You truly are a wimp.

koko said:
Beoingman, I had thought you'd be above this.
With 32 in the picture, all bets are off. But he is fun to toy with and so predictable.

koko said:
You seem to have an unhealthy affinity to the past hiring practices at UAL..
Not really. But I do think it is comical listening to one of your senior people hack other airlines about this specific subject a few days back then claim another carrier is a laughing stock of the other pilots within the industry
My comment was made in response to his absurd issues about jokes and scorn within the industry towards fellow aviators. I thought it once again comical given the common knowledge of United’s hiring practices and what was said about them for years. Below you said you were hired in 98. Believe me my assessment of this is accurate which made his comment even more funnier and hypocritical coming from a United pilot.
koko said:
Get over it.
There is nothing for me to get over because I never really cared anyway. It is not my problem what occurs at United. However that being said I will not sit by and listen to ilk like him drag this industry down with his incessant attacks on other pilots... many of whom are your former brethren at United.
I look at vermin like 32 and realize that we have seen the enemy and the enemy is us. Pilots with his attitude for one another and philosophies based on pure arrogance is what will continue to drag us all down. Did you miss his comments earlier last week about your fellow retired United pilots?

koko said:
I don't always agree with 32 and his style is more of a baseball bat to your head then mutual dialogue but he's entitled to his opinion.
His opinions make a mockery of all of United’s pilots. But agin I digress, thankfully he is a part of your airline.

koko said:
But you seem to have no trouble grouping 7000+ pilots with that "arrogance that permeates UAL" statement....sad.
Not really was my intent. It is no secret that you guys used to have your share of arrogance over there. Do you know where the term Brain Surgeon originated? Do you know its application to United pilots in particular? Like it or not many outside o United for good reason ca me. Are you aware of the

koko said:
Do you actually know how many minorities and Women pilots are employed by UAL?
Nope. And I don’t care either. As long as someone can do their job I don’t care about their sex or color. But when they get hired based on sex or color, that I have a problem with.
koko said:
I've only been at UAL since 98 but can say with a certain degree of certainty that the VAST majority of the pilots here are white/male......But you can come your on scientific conclusions
So you never got to see what lovely things so me of your brethren did to others within the industry before 98 then. That does explain a lot. It isn’t top secret what United did after the EEOC rulings, which were long before your time there. I wonder if there are archives of the United interview horror stories from long before your hire date still available? There was a link on here with a website that had some data you desire but I really don’t care enough to search for it.
Further, I really could care less about what goes on over there. All I know is that 32 goes nuts when you mention it and that in itself is good enough for me.

koko said:
And I find your "Yonited" inference both disgusting and racist, but hey what ever makes you feel more like a man...
And some find it funny. Some find it truthful, some find it disgusting. You’re entitled to your opinion though and I respect that. In fact I respect that so much I will edit it out just for you. How is that? It served it’s purpose anyway by screwing 32 into the ceiling.

koko said:
Disgusted
ok.

koko said:

You know I was going to bust your chops over the koko handle but I think you’re a bit to sensitive about this whole minority thing. Certainly a lot more sensitive than I am serious about any of it.

A350 said:
How would having all the 190's and that type of airplane operated by others hurt JetBlue and help YOU? Not to mention, our 190's have 100 seats, so your example stinks as usual.

A350

Ok make it 100 seats or less. How would the other airlines benefit from having someone else fly the 190's? Well for one whoever flew them would probably get a pay raise.

On the other hand forced outsourcing of the RJ flying would be something to level the playing field. Get that Shuttlemesastates operational excellence in the JBLU operation.

I have voted NO on the RJ TA we had at UAL in 98 to allow them. RJ flying should be on the mainline list. Integrate those pilots to keep the whipsawing effect down to a minimum, create more jobs at the mainline and you don't limit a guys career earnings to a 66 seat airplane.

I agree with you guys in your own operation of the RJ's. However, would you want someone else to influence regulation in a negative manner for you and your pilots?

Latest resources

Back