• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Types of Climbs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are 2 types of climbs, ICAO calls them NADP-1, or NADP2, more recently changed to NAD1, NAD2.
The first is the same as the U.S. close in climb, and the 2nd the same as distant climb.
On the first you climb at T/O thrust and at V2+10(aircraft specific, i.e on B747 it was V2+10, on the B767 it's V2+15) or limited by body angle to 1000 AFE, or in some cases 1500 AFE, then climb thrust and continue the climb at v2+10(aircraft specific, i.e. on B747 it was v2+10, on B767 it's V2+15) or limited by body angle to 3000 AFE, then accelerate and clean up on schedule.
2nd one requires a climb at T/O thrust and V2+10(see above on speed) or limit by body angle to 1000 AFE, or in some cases 1500 AFE, then climb thrust, start to accelerate and clean up on schedule.

Xtwapilot

Last edited:
We have 3 where I work. ICAO A, B and normal. Normal is beginning the clean up at 800' AGL

ICAO A = close in noise

ICAO B= distant noise

I work at the same place.

Getting ready for an interview, and can't find what the types of climbs are. We only use a type 2 climb at my current job, so the company manuals are worthless here, and a search hasn't given much info.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I have worked at Netjets for two years now and have not once come across different types of climbs! We deal ad nauseum with climb segments and the aircraft's ability to meet specific climb gradient requirements. Are you sure that isn't what you are looking for? I do know that subject has come up in interviews before. Best of luck to you.

Looking at the Fracs forum and doing that type of flying myself I agree that the information NJA will be looking for is knowledge of 1st, 2nd and final segment definitions and climb gradients. I apologize about my Canadien climb profile info.

Look for AC 91-53A for some additional information on noise abatement departure profiles (NADP)for large turbojet aircraft. It isn't exactly for smaller jets, but the concepts are about the same and you'll look good if you can mention the AC.

I think it will be more climb segment and gradient questions. Got a lot of good info on the frac forum.

Thanks for taking the time to help out. Greatly appreciated!

rock climb subdivided in sport climb ,trad and bouldering

ice climb

mountaineering or alpine climb

seriously who cares. don't study, have beer , your achivements ,choices and results are half chances.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back