Type rating assist in hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hemispheres

Netjet Pilots. Will having a Cessna Excel Type rating behoove the chances of being hired with your company? If hired with the type rating are you still required to attend Flight Safety for the same duration compared to an individual who does not possess the type rating? Looking forward to your reponses. Thanks.

"Will having a Cessna Excel Type rating behoove the chances of being hired with your company?"

More important to being competitive is that you are flying a turbine a/c as PIC. Doesn't necessarliy have to be one that we fly. Some people have been hired here without turbine time at all, but those days are probably behind us for now.

"If hired with the type rating are you still required to attend Flight Safety for the same duration compared to an individual who does not possess the type rating?"

Yep, you'll do the same training ground school and sim for the same length of time as someone who comes in with no Excel time. Only difference is that you won't do the type ride. But you'd still get your 135 checkrides, so no real difference.

Also, if you were hired, just because you have an XL type, there is no guarantee that you'd even get assigned the XL. Depends upon company needs.

Good luck.

Thanks Griz and Fly26 for your quick responses. Therein lies my problem, I am not acquainted with or flown with any of your companies pilots. I have also read on this forum not to send resumes by regular mail. only via email? I also would surmise that a first class physical is mandatory? Again thanks for you input. MKC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back