• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two Pilot Marriages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the link, Rez. That thread predates my time here, so I never would have seen it.

I noticed in the excerpted news article that Jerrie Mock's mother-in-law watched her three kids for her while she was out of the kitchen, flying around the world. Do you feel okay about that? ;)

81Horse said:
Thanks for the link, Rez. That thread predates my time here, so I never would have seen it.

I noticed in the excerpted news article that Jerrie Mock's mother-in-law watched her three kids for her while she was out of the kitchen, flying around the world. Do you feel okay about that? ;)

No. In fact, that fact that Jerrie had to find a sitter to watch her kids so that she could pave the way for all women pilots to leave thier kids shows the entire paradigm is flawed.

The pride the kids had for thier world record breaking mother is devalued by her absence.....

Besides.. how did Jerrie's husband eat? Good girls stay at home.... they don't go gallivanting around the world....

Rezfully yours....

(WHOA!!! Is Rez serious!!!!!!)

So I've read your last few posts and I've come to the conclusion that as long as a girl stays home to cook and clean, then she is a 'good' girl. Otherwise, she is selfish. Guess what? I have never cleaned my house, not once. I never cook either, we go out for dinner. I already know your thoughts on that, so don't bother. I just thought it was more important to spend quality time with my family instead of cleaning and cooking. Do you come home from trips and cook or clean? Why should I?

I also saw that you think female pilots have trouble finding a man because she is always out flying. Wow, what era do you live in? Does that same "can't find a man" theory hold true for the flight attendants too? I must work in some sort of time wharp compared to you because I see many, many happily married pilots and flight attendants. Some are married to people in the industry, some aren't.

Forgot to add: I don't cook or clean in the summers either (even though I am home). Do you know why? Because it's boring and I don't want to! I pay someone to do that for me. What part of cleaning piss off the toilet bowl should appeal to any woman? The fact that you want a woman you love to do that says volumes about you.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
... The pride the kids had for thier world record breaking mother is devalued by her absence ...
She should have taken the kids with her!

... how did Jerrie's husband eat? ...
But he had his MOMMY staying with him -- he was fine.

Rez, in your world are men total domestic incompetents? Exotic housepets? Would they actually starve if their girls weren't home to feed them?

Rez O. Lewshun said:
No. In fact, that fact that Jerrie had to find a sitter to watch her kids so that she could pave the way for all women pilots to leave thier kids shows the entire paradigm is flawed.

(WHOA!!! Is Rez serious!!!!!!)

So I suppose if you are a stay at home mom and you get a babysitter once a month to take a small break from the kids and go out with your friends that is wrong too? I guess if you are a mother, you have to be with your kids 24/7 or they will go out and murder 5 people when they are 30 and it's all the mom's fault. Lighten up man....

I guess we are back at it......

FlyUnited said:
So I've read your last few posts and I've come to the conclusion that as long as a girl stays home to cook and clean, then she is a 'good' girl. Otherwise, she is selfish. Guess what? I have never cleaned my house, not once. I never cook either, we go out for dinner. I already know your thoughts on that, so don't bother. I just thought it was more important to spend quality time with my family instead of cleaning and cooking. Do you come home from trips and cook or clean? Why should I?

Perhaps you should re-read. Are you "hearing" what you want to?

Is your house dirty? Or do you pay someone to clean it? Or does your spouse do that too? (if that is the case, then you got balls! Then I have to ask... what do you do besides whatever you want?) Regardless, you and your spouse are responsible (if I can use that word) to clean your house. Then again I guess you could argue that you don't have to have a clean house.

I just believe that a house should be clean. We don't have the luxury of two incomes, so we can't afford a cleaning service. If you re-read, that is if you choose to, I stated that I come home from 4-5 day trips with 2-3 days off and cook and clean. I give my spouse a break. In addition, I watch the kids so she can go out by herself or with friends to enjoy some personal time, if she so chooses.

You can't cook? I am not surprised. An 'emancipated woman' like you who flies for "feminine freedom" wouldn't be caught dead in the kitchen. That would mean your are suffering and oppressed.

I love the commerical for Boston Market. The woman says "how do I keep my kitchen so clean?" (the viewer thinks this is about a cleaning product). The women then states.. "I use Boston Market." How pathetic. We have evolved into a time deficient society. Many commercials sell products and services that "make time" for our busy and hectic lives. But if our current culture is righteous why don't we have enough time in the day?

Of course you go out to eat. Who wants to come home after 'Liberating the Skies from Evil Patriarchs' and cook dinner only to clean up. No.. you go out to eat, justifying it as 'quality time'. Did it ever occur to you that making dinner together, eating dinner together and and cleaning up together as a family is also quality time? :eek: You are so programmed it is pathetic. Does free will ever occur in your mind? You've latched on to a social paradigm and refuse to let go. You can't even cook a meal without feeling threatened!

In addition, why teach your kids demeaning and insulting skills such as cooking and cleaning. That is below your Upper Middle Class Royalty entitlement for you and your clan.

Finally, eating out often or in your case, all the time isn't healthy. Restaruant food is good, but it is loaded with calories, sodium and fat. I doubt you're overweight but that doesn't mean you are healthy. Part of cooking is knowing you made it and it is healthy. Do you even have a kitchen? If so why? Why not gut your kitchen and make a more useful room?

FlyUnited said:
I also saw that you think female pilots have trouble finding a man because she is always out flying. Wow, what era do you live in? Does that same "can't find a man" theory hold true for the flight attendants too? I must work in some sort of time wharp compared to you because I see many, many happily married pilots and flight attendants. Some are married to people in the industry, some aren't.

I see a mix of happily married pilot couples. I agreed with rdy4to and mega that they had good points.... But you are into selective reading... Let's expand it a bit.. I don't think crew couples work well with kids. It certianly isn't fair to kids. So throw FA's into the discussion.

I am the evil-doer that thinks 'emancipated women' like you that have freed yourself from the bondage of raising children and keeping a house all so you can 'prove' that you are equal by working and generating a descretionary second income. :rolleyes: However, in your case, since you don't cook or clean (meaning you have no domestic work value) you have to work to pay someone else to do it....

Question.. what would you do if, for whatever reason, you couldn't work?

FlyUnited said:
Forgot to add: I don't cook or clean in the summers either (even though I am home). Do you know why? Because it's boring and I don't want to! I pay someone to do that for me. What part of cleaning piss off the toilet bowl should appeal to any woman? The fact that you want a woman you love to do that says volumes about you.

Cleaning too demeaning for you... of course it is Princess. My spouse and I trade off cleaning the toilet bowl. I already believe that you think my wife is a mindless, oppressed servant, but this confirms it. What do you think of me, an airline pilot, for cleaning my own toilet bowl? Is it righteous payback for 3000+ years of oppressing women? The reason we clean our own toilets is becuase we are frugal and not too proud.

You are even too good to clean up after yourself. So how does your toilet get clean? Oh.. you pay another woman to do it. So, cleaning it is beneath you but you expect another woman to do it. You are a classic feminist. You aren't intrested in womens rights..just your 'rights'. You demand your entitlements. You'd probably be giddy with joy if you got a man to clean your toilet.

I can only imagine how you treat the aircraft cleaners at work.... I believe in egalitarianism.... you just think you are better than everyone...

Yes, I am UNABLE to clean. As you stated, I have "no domestic work value". I won't fight that point, it's true. But I do have a live-in housekeeper who takes care of that for me. When I was young, my parents also had a live-in housekeeper, so it's never been something I've ever considered doing. I'm sorry if that is wrong to you. My mother never worked a day in her life, but she never cleaned or cooked either. Now where would she fit in to your perfect little world? I would probably poison my family by accident if I even attempted to cook, so I don't. No one taught me how and the closest I ever got to preparing a meal was in boarding school when they made the mistake of giving me kitchen duty one semester. And just to be clear, I would have lost my mind if my life consisted of dinner parties like my mom's life was.

Why does a woman working seem so threatening to you? Does my mom's lack of cleaning and cooking expertise insult you too? And if it does, why is that? My father was quite proud that she didn't work and would probably have been insulted if he ever saw her having to stoop to that level.

To be clear, my husband and I do have defined "his" or "her" projects. His projects include buying me flowers and rubbing my shoulders while we watch TV. I have some special "her" things I do for him that keep him pretty content too. Our relationship, family life, and lifestyle fits us perfectly. And to quote you, I bet your wife will never lay on her deathbed and wish she had spent more time cleaning the family toilet. Perhaps she will wish she had spent more time enjoying her life.

As I have stated in earlier threads, I think raising a child is more about the attention, love and their responsibility to society than their watching their mother scrub the floors when her intellectual ability is much higher. To me, that is called a martyr.

As they say, we only have one life. I have no intention of spending it cleaning up after people.

If a woman is forced because of financial difficulties to clean either her or another person's home, that is a completely different story. Would you berate a poor woman who must clean others homes because of financial destitution as being selfish too?

This routine could go on for another 11 pages and neither of us will ever change our position. I believe that only people without the means to afford live-in help should be forced into domestic servitude. Therefore, I think any man who expects his wife to stay home (unless she wants that too......and some do) to clean and cook while the rest of the family gets to enjoy their lives, is a selfish individual.

Latest resources

Back