Two more CAL planes get dinged

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nimtz said:
Ah CBS 2 News. So the location of this story went from a 'harrowing collision on runway' to a quiet insert of the tarmac. Love the part at the end about the 'pilot program' to allow planes to fly closer together. They really dug to sex this baby up.

What is she talking about, "pilot program"?

"A harrowing ordeal for the passengers who had no idea what happened." she says.
How is that possible? If they had no idea it happened, how could it be harrowing to them?

They said they had no idea 'what' had happened, not that they didn't know anything had happened.

densoo said:

http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_052071652.html

"A harrowing ordeal for the passengers who had no idea what happened." she says.

How is that possible? If they had no idea it happened, how could it be harrowing to them?

Who cares, anybody too scared to ride on an airliner ain't go no dambidness spending their money on an airline ticket. They should give passengers a scare test before they get on an airliner and if being scared bothers them, let the ride on them bus because the airlines don't need no scairdy cats money.

FN FAL said:
Who cares, anybody too scared to ride on an airliner ain't go no dambidness spending their money on an airline ticket. They should give passengers a scare test before they get on an airliner and if being scared bothers them, let the ride on them bus because the airlines don't need no scairdy cats money.

I once flew with a capt. who would love to practice his steep turns and listin for the screams!! If he could hear screams up in the office he went to the hotel with a smile on his face.

CKJET said:
I once flew with a capt. who would love to practice his steep turns and listin for the screams!! If he could hear screams up in the office he went to the hotel with a smile on his face.
You was my FO? Son of gun, how's it going?

Just kidding...steep turns is one thing, bumping into stuff is entirely something else.

I don't know how airlines are going to sell tickets if you scare the be-jeezus out of the paying customers 100 lot at a time.

"Pilot program that lets planes fly closer together"

ROFL !

Is she referring to the change in the flight levels of flights going east/west bound??!?!?!

What a dumb lady!

Sounds like a tall tale to me!

As Flight 587 to Miami headed for the runway, its left wing clipped the tale section of another plane, Flight 1002 to Los Angeles.The tail of the Los Angeles-bound plane was extensively damaged.

Latest resources

Back