Two crashes in two days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No problem.

I wasn't expecting you to trash the guy in public, but a liitle general info might have been helpful, especially if it was directly related to aviation, such as 'just lost dream job at a major, wife runs off with chief pilot, FBO goes banckrupt', or whatever.

If I get any POSTABLE info from my friend at the Tampa FSDO, I'll mention it.

I understand, I just figure the reasons don't really matter. I'm just pissed that someone used aviation once more as an out and left another black stain on the industry in the wake.

I think that the reasons can matter, if they show us the stupidity, thoughtlessness, or error in judgement that cause a crash.

This one may count for all three.

That's my point. If it wasn't an accident....suicide is suicide. I don't think there's much to ponder here. What probably caused the crash was the desire to die.

I think I haven't explained what I mean very well.

If people see how stupidity, thoughtlessness, or error in judgement can lead to a suicide, perhaps the reader can come away from an explanation of the events leading to the accident with an insight that can PREVENT a similar occurance.

Seeing the needless death of a pilot, in this case, and understanding what he thought were sufficient "demons" in his life that lead him to this decision, can enlighten others who might otherwise make the same mistake. That's why seeing the details, the illogical response to troubles, has a value besides knowing that the accident event was intentional.

It's a human factors lesson of the best kind.

I think he killed himself also......I have driven by the location and also live in the area......He was not rated to fly the helicopter he got caught with his pants down...He was probably upset about that. There was also booze on his breath at the hospital....
Furthermore I'd be willing to bet when he either "crash landed" in the trees or dove for the trees he did'nt have his belt on because he was completely ejected. Probably did'nt have the belt on to make sure the job was done. (Warning speculation coming up I don't want to be busted for slander) Also if you ask me he was heading up to the Crystal River Nuke plant......This is PURE speculation but that heading just happens to be that way. Why that direction? When he could have gone to 50 thousand different directions.

Oh my gosh, what if he was actually heading for the area that he crashed in?!?! I heard there was a Synagogue and a Temple up that way as while...maybe he was an anti-Dentite:eek: Gotta love people posting conjecture about crashing into nuke plants on a public forum.

God knows the general public is already scared enough as it is. ASSUMING the guy commited suicide, he was just a nutcase plain and simple. It's unfortunate that it wasn't caught in time but let's not make judgements based on 3rd hand info and newspaper accounts.

Latest resources

Back