• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

Talk about some bad luck!

USA Today, Thurdsay, June 6, 2002

Pilot crashed plane a day after helicopter

A pilot killed in the crash of a small plane in Florida was at the controls of a helicopter that had rammed into a house the day before, authorities said. Michael Antinori, 30, was released from a hospital just hours before the fatal crash of his single-engine Cessna 172 on Tuesday. He had been treated for injuries from the crash of his helicopter, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department said. The plane crashed into in a cypress swamp about 20 miles northwest of Tampa after circling the area for about an hour. The flight pattern drew the attention of air traffic controllers, but radio calls to the plane drew no response. A police helicopter went up to monitor the plane. Antinori's helicopter had crashed into the roof of an unoccupied house Monday. Both crashes are under investigation.

This guy killed himself. This happened close to where I live and I have some fellow CFI buddies that know some details.

Whatever happened to jumping off a building? At least you're not taking some innocent people with you.

This keeps up and general aviation will be outlawed.....

My sentiments exactly.

It's not a big deal, I'm just saying It wasn't an accident, the guy killed himself.....how much more insightful do you want me to get?

hyper said:
It's not a big deal, I'm just saying It wasn't an accident, the guy killed himself.....how much more insightful do you want me to get?

Did he leave a note? Did he suck as a pilot, did he catch his wife cheating on him.....things like that...........I realize crashing two aircraft in 9.5 hours is hard to believe but I did read that the initial cause of the helo crash was engine failure.......Just wondering what these CFIs know that you can't get from the Tampa Tribune or the St. Pete Times

Timebuilder,

Gee, ya think?

flynmonkeys,

A couple of them knew him as they're at the same airport where he kept his plane, but I'm not going to be the one to walk on this guys grave on a public forum. Sure, they gave me a few opinions, but do I know them as cold, hard fact? Nope. Secondly, I'm too lazy to type it all out. Besides, the press will be all over it anyway. Dirty laundry sells.

http://www.tampatrib.com/MGA2CJXM22D.html

It doesn't look so unbelievable though.

Sorry Timebuilder. I see you guys posted about the same time..

Latest resources

Back