• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two arrests!! Do I have a chance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will point out that the current President of the United States of America has a DUI under his belt.....puts things into perspective for ya eh?

T-hawk

Kind of makes you wonder why the federal government forced .08 down all the state's throats...donut?

Anyone can get a DUI...Im sure everyone here has been out to dinner with their girl and had 3 beers. Well that is on the verge of blowing over the legal limit. My advice is to find a new career. You will have a hard timing finding a job with that DUI. And do you really want to spend the next 10 years trying to find someone that will hire you. Its not the end of the world, just find something else you like to do. Fly for fun not professionally.

Never give up hope in your dreams, no matter how far they may seem out of your grasp.

I have worked at a flight school for 7 years. We are university sponsored, and I can't tell you how many guys I have seen walk out of here with DUI's and get on with regionals...even since 9/11.

I know of one guy who just got hired on as an F/O at one of the majors, and he had not one, but TWO PI's in college.

Stay on the straight and narrow, and make every contact you can. There will eventually be someone, (especially in THIS industry) who will understand you were a yourg guy, and made a mistake. Not everyone is going to fault you for being a 20 year old and making mistakes.

You may have to flight instruct longer than the average "good guy", but your time will come.

I was hired to fly by 2 different people to fly with a DUI, one of them the US Army. Mine was 7 yrs ago. You just need to explain what happened and be honest. It hasnt stopped me from doing anything I wanted to do bad enough. It gets old having to explain it, but I was the one who screwed up so now I have to deal with it.

skybro,

believe me, i'm practically a legal expert ready to take the bar exam, just from my personal experiences.

you said 'arrests' - does that mean you were convicted, or just arrested (it sounds like you were convicted) ? I don't know what to tell you (except; become a monk)

On my mentor's account again. In the first arrest incident I was charged with a DWI, but convicted of a DUI in the end thanks to a good lawyer. In the second arrest I was charged with a fake ID and in court got it plead down and convicted of disorderly conduct (a violation).
I have no CRIMINAL RECORD according to both of my lawyers. Neither were even misdemeanors in the end thanks to them fighting for me.
Does this improve my chances any over the original post? Thanks. Jon

I really think that there is no chance, not with everyone furloughing.

Latest resources

Back