• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two arrests!! Do I have a chance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe, but seeing as it's been dredged up again...

I will point out that the current President of the United States of America has a DUI under his belt.....puts things into perspective for ya eh?

Not really. We already know he's an idiot. Being caught drunk and driving doesn't change that. He's still an idiot.

whats funny is that quite few police officers have been arrested multiple times and still are hired to enforce the law.

FWIW, I've been in a position to hire a few pilots and if we were to put out the word that we were hiring there would be literally hundreds of resumes on my desk within the week. One major problem that we would have to deal with is how to whittle down the stack of applicants to a managable number. Times like this you can afford to be pretty selective - college degree vs no degree; typed with experience vs not-typed; smoker vs non-smoker; previous corporate experience vs other experience and even your credit rating. The possible list of qualifiers is left only to your imagination and any mention of a DUI or criminal record is probably not going to be met with much sympathy. How else do you think a chief pilot is going to pare down his/her pool of applicants to a workable number that can be given phone and personal interviews?

LS

Well said LS, the less reasons you give the guy looking at the resumes to pause and wonder the better off you are.

Latest resources

Back