Twenty-year-old FO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Superpilot92 said:
who cares, there are some wonder children at the majors right now also. There are people who have been hired at CAL and United, etc around this age

No doubt. I know someone personally that is at CAL now, mid 20's and never spent a day at the regionals. Just the way it falls sometimes.

To bad most of us went to College first and didn't do it online. I guess he has alot of time on reserve.

Big Deal, I guess I was once the youngest in ALPA too. 20 with a degree. It got me a furlough, and 3 airlines, 6 + years of reserve,6 + years as FO, and a really cool ALPA pin. Thanks ALPA. I knew I should have been a truck driver!!! I guess te cool teamsters pin gets me the truck driving thing.

good for him...

id rather have a 20 year old who is healthy and on top of things be my pilot than some old crusty guy who doesnt care and has a heart attack and dies in flight on us all.....

Same here,

I was hired at 20 and flew the 1900 for about 6 months before getting a better corporate job back home. No one did a newspaper write up for me...like a previous poster said, typical bored editor.

Hats off to him, but he isn't the only one and surely won't be the last!

RJP said:
Love of flying is what ruined this industry in the first place.
I'll agree, theres always gonna be greed trying to take what someone has. It takes unity to keep it. To many flying whores waiting in line to screw the guy in front of him (GoJets)

ApocketA's_145 said:
id rather have a 20 year old who is healthy and on top of things be my pilot than some old crusty guy who doesnt care and has a heart attack and dies in flight on us all.....

Does your asshat mash down your spiked hair? Just curious.

dang kids

T-Gates said:
I was a 19 year old ALPA member too....no trips to DC for me either.

There are younger members of alpa right now, where do they get their information? Isn't that false advertising =)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back