• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 3000 dollars a month difference goes toward Single Malt Scotch and mustache wax.

It was interesting when the ALPA staff workers sued ALPA national over their pay and work rules. You can't make this stuff up!

The officers don't work in the Herndon office most of the time. They are almost always at the downtown office, a long way from a northern Virginia apartment. A decent two bedroom apartment in a nice neighborhood near the downtown office goes for quite a bit more than the $3k you were paying in Virginia.

Thanks for your informational responses. I don't think your union officers need DC apartments because they are really really expensive but it's your union not mine. I would never say you shouldn't be a member of it. I will never ever again pay for the "ALPA presidents" pension.

Hell I've seen more than 3k worth of scotch go down the throats of some thristy pilots at some After MEC meetings.......Oh Who's go the bill??? Don't worry about it, dues are paying for this one....gotta get what we are worth....all that hard work and all.

Please, you paint the picture that being at the top of ALPA is a drag,, on your life and your family, it's a definite hardship, and these boys are slaving away day in and day out in DC for the greater good of pilots, It's really a tough lifestyle and it's hard hard hard hard work. Long hours, realative crappy pay (as those gov't forms are juiced to by anti union groups to make it look like they get decent money) and really in the long run, they are there for the humanity of making our careers a better place, protecting all the work our forfathers brought forth in the early years of aviation.

Ok now that I've puked a little in my mouth. Name me the number of ALPA presidents, (hell even the lower pukes) that have endured the harder than line flying jobs of serving the mothership, that have returned to line flying after their term has been up???? Hmmmmmmmmm....not too many there I betcha.....or like one or two I know, they come back and suddenly medical out, or LOA out...to avoid being subjective to the ******************** they gave their constiuents.........

PCL STHUP you are a fairly pathetic lap dog for ALPO........do they buy you girlfriends or something?

Back to the trial. The defense rested today with an aired video deposition of Randy Babbitt. Plaintiffs will present a rebuttal witness on Monday followed immediately by closing arguments then it's up to the jury.

Alpa already lost a DFR to the united pilots last year to the tune of 43 million dollars. We can only guess as to the dollar amount of this one. It should be several times as large , of course they will appeal it im sure after they lose this one. I cant wait to see the look on all the pro alpa cool-aid drinkers when this happens. fire away!

You would be surprised at how ALPA's national officers live. It's hardly a luxury lifestyle. The BOD sets limits on their expenses based on average housing costs in the DC area, so their apartments are far from luxurious. Cars? Sorry, but "Beemers" aren't allowed. Has to be an American or Canadian made car built by union workers, and the monthly payment has a pretty low limit. A typical car would be a Ford SUV, or something similar. There are occasional nice meals for special occasions, but they aren't the norm. In general, the ideas of luxury that people have in their heads for ALPA officers are nothing but fantasy. These guys have a crappy work schedule, rarely get to spend time with their families, sometimes for weeks at a time, and live in one of the highest cost of living areas in the country with strict limits in place on their expenses.

Didn't you pay-for-training at Gulfstream?

Alpa already lost a DFR to the united pilots last year to the tune of 43 million dollars.

ALPA didn't lose any DFR case last year. ALPA settled a case at UAL, but ALPA didn't pay anything even remotely close to the number your've quoted.

ALPA didn't lose any DFR case last year. ALPA settled a case at UAL, but ALPA didn't pay anything even remotely close to the number your've quoted.

..."and yes I am a grad of Gulfsteam"

Latest resources

Back