TWA Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget the pensions.

Only the President gets a pension, and it's only 5% for every year in office. Captain Prater only gets a 20% pension, for example. The other national officers don't get anything.

You would be surprised at how ALPA's national officers live. It's hardly a luxury lifestyle. The BOD sets limits on their expenses based on average housing costs in the DC area, so their apartments are far from luxurious. Cars? Sorry, but "Beemers" aren't allowed. Has to be an American or Canadian made car built by union workers, and the monthly payment has a pretty low limit. A typical car would be a Ford SUV, or something similar. There are occasional nice meals for special occasions, but they aren't the norm. In general, the ideas of luxury that people have in their heads for ALPA officers are nothing but fantasy. These guys have a crappy work schedule, rarely get to spend time with their families, sometimes for weeks at a time, and live in one of the highest cost of living areas in the country with strict limits in place on their expenses.

Sorry PCL. We've seen you gorge yourself repeatedly on fine dining at our expense. Fact. Here are some more for you;

1. ALPA President compensated $498K in 2010. That includes;

2. $6,500/month housing allowance
3. $1,300/month plus fuel car allowance

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]4. Duane Woerth President $ 550,729 total compensation[/FONT]. Per year.

5. All ALPA Presidents are to be" honored by the commissioning of an oil painting as a memorial". (ALPA Admin Policy manual)

Dicko, that has all changed. The BOD changes all of the compensation policies for the new officers (although $6500/mo for an apartment in DC was already pretty low). The car allowance was also cut. And again, those total compensation figures include all sorts of expenses that shouldn't be considered compensation by any rational human being. As far as the painting, it hangs in the ALPA Office, so I'm not sure how you can consider that some sort of income for the former president.

(although $6500/mo for an apartment in DC was already pretty low).

Complete BS.

I've lived on the upper east side of Manhattan. 6500/mo is not low. It's not even low in Hong Kong. You can pay for a 1.2 million dollar property with it.

Get a grip.

Dicko, that has all changed. The BOD changes all of the compensation policies for the new officers (although $6500/mo for an apartment in DC was already pretty low). The car allowance was also cut. And again, those total compensation figures include all sorts of expenses that shouldn't be considered compensation by any rational human being. As far as the painting, it hangs in the ALPA Office, so I'm not sure how you can consider that some sort of income for the former president.

The painting is ridiculous. They should chop their moustaches off and hang them on the walls. :D

We've seen 2010 figures. Publish the figures for Moak. With a reference and a breakdown.

I owned a 5 bedroom house 10 miles from ALPA in Virginia with a mortgage of a little less then 3k. No airline pilot needs 6500/mo housing allowence..apt in DC...BS.

Only the President gets a pension, and it's only 5% for every year in office. Captain Prater only gets a 20% pension, for example. The other national officers don't get anything.

Holy crap! Prater is going to get over 60k a year for the rest of his life from your dues money? He must have been really good.

Sorry PCL. We've seen you gorge yourself repeatedly on fine dining at our expense. Fact. Here are some more for you;

1. ALPA President compensated $498K in 2010. That includes;

2. $6,500/month housing allowance
3. $1,300/month plus fuel car allowance

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]4. Duane Woerth President $ 550,729 total compensation[/FONT]. Per year.

5. All ALPA Presidents are to be" honored by the commissioning of an oil painting as a memorial". (ALPA Admin Policy manual)

Nice work Dicko! The whole ALPA machine is broken.

Looking forward to you coming over from the 'Dark Side'! You're gonna love it here.

RF

Nice work Dicko! The whole ALPA machine is broken.

Looking forward to you coming over from the 'Dark Side'! You're gonna love it here.

RF

Me too.

Unless 'Dashpower' gets me first. It would be kinda funny though. The first AirTran pilot he ever meets he tries to choke out :D

I owned a 5 bedroom house 10 miles from ALPA in Virginia with a mortgage of a little less then 3k. No airline pilot needs 6500/mo housing allowence..apt in DC...BS.

The officers don't work in the Herndon office most of the time. They are almost always at the downtown office, a long way from a northern Virginia apartment. A decent two bedroom apartment in a nice neighborhood near the downtown office goes for quite a bit more than the $3k you were paying in Virginia.

Latest resources

Back