• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any ALPO president that doesn't go back to his line job when his term is up, and instead, ends up in a figure head Sr. VP position of a company owned equal parts by the major airlines, Uhmmmmmmm........I wonder what that payment was for. Lives in FL but works for Company in MN I believe or Maybe IL. Either way, the damn company is OWNED by the major airlines. And Woerthless ends up in probably nice 6 figure position. One gets a little bile in the back of ones throat, thinking what he was being paid off for.....

Found it, Sojern, go figure..... and I guess now our voice in ICAO.....greattttttt The guberment be paying him off now too......

http://investing.businessweek.com/r...viousCapId=46740682&previousTitle=Sojern, Inc.

I agree with those who have little use for alpo, but with that being said, can we please reserve this thread for updates of the TWA lawsuit? Thanks,

who was let down by ALPA NAtional's lack of defined merger policy and wants them held accountable

I'm curious: what do you think a defined merger policy should be? DOH? Relative? Category & status? What is such a perfect system that it can be applied to every merger, every time? I don't think such a system exists; hence the current policy that allows flexibility.

Let me preface this with I'm not an accountant, but my boss is one. If you have expenses such as meals, apartments, cars, hotels, etc. and you are reimbursed for said expenses, are you not being compensated, i.e. benefits for the nice ALPA apartment and car to get you back and forth to the office. What about the expensive meals and high-dollar bottles of wine with after-dinner cigars? Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are benefits and only technically expenses to explain to the dues paying members how their money is being spent...right?

When your company gets you a hotel room, do you consider that to be "income?" Of course not, because the only reason you need the hotel room is to do the job. The same is true of the national officers. They wouldn't have an apartment in DC if it weren't for them having to be there for their ALPA job, so considering the reimbursement for said apartment as income is ridiculous.

Next question...will you run for a SWAPA domicile rep or even executive position?

I don't have any plans to run for anything.

From an individual who was in the courtroom during Duane's testimony:
Boring while ALPA attorneys questioned him adnauseum. Once it got turned over things got real dicey and his memory was very poor and vague. Plenty of evidence to "remind" him of the events that he was directly involved in. Meal for four ALPA big shots and one American Airlines Captain that totaled over $1000. All this while TWA was getting nothing in support. Court transcripts will reveal the evidence that the court has heard and more importantly the jury. Time will tell.

Actually, it was only $996. ;)

X

PCL,
You really want to go there? Why don't you make a more proper comparison to crashpads, transportation to a from crashpads, meals when staying at crashpads, etc.. Because many chose to commute to a domicile, whether they wanted to or not, they're not compensated for those expenses. I guarantee ALPAs president doesn't live in a crashpad nor does he ride public transportation while eating MickeyDs! He's compensated for the "high dollar" DC pad, while driving the rental "Beemer" to and from the 5-star eatery...yeah, you did put into the proper perspective.

As far as your question, you weren't exactly in a position to demand anything like that at Airways. The airline was in dire shape, and a judge would have imposed something far more onerous than even the horrible conditions that you ended up with in negotiations, most likely. The company wasn't going to accept a snapback clause, and the judge wouldn't either. There was nothing that anyone at national could do about that.

I agree we were in dire shape but I think there could have been some language allowing a snapback on the condition the corporation is healthy. The date just after the start date....after the hyphen (read "end date") in the pay section of LOA 93 read 12-31-09. A condition could have said something like this. If the company makes more than 400 million dollars in profit the year following the "end date" of LOA 93 then the pay will snap back to the former rates. Kinda funny how after the east pilots saved the company we made more than 400 million in profit in 2010! This language protects the company, if we were still hurtin there would have been NO snap back, so why wouldn't a judge approve it? I know why management wouldn't...they don't want to pay pilots at all. Remeber the fat lady hasn't sung yet on the LOA 93 arbitration.

PCL,
You really want to go there? Why don't you make a more proper comparison to crashpads, transportation to a from crashpads, meals when staying at crashpads, etc.. Because many chose to commute to a domicile, whether they wanted to or not, they're not compensated for those expenses. I guarantee ALPAs president doesn't live in a crashpad nor does he ride public transportation while eating MickeyDs! He's compensated for the "high dollar" DC pad, while driving the rental "Beemer" to and from the 5-star eatery...yeah, you did put into the proper perspective.

You would be surprised at how ALPA's national officers live. It's hardly a luxury lifestyle. The BOD sets limits on their expenses based on average housing costs in the DC area, so their apartments are far from luxurious. Cars? Sorry, but "Beemers" aren't allowed. Has to be an American or Canadian made car built by union workers, and the monthly payment has a pretty low limit. A typical car would be a Ford SUV, or something similar. There are occasional nice meals for special occasions, but they aren't the norm. In general, the ideas of luxury that people have in their heads for ALPA officers are nothing but fantasy. These guys have a crappy work schedule, rarely get to spend time with their families, sometimes for weeks at a time, and live in one of the highest cost of living areas in the country with strict limits in place on their expenses.

Latest resources

Back