Twa 800

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sniper Bob said:
Fuel vapors in the center fuel tank were ignited by a shorted-out wire -- AFTER IT WAS SLICED IN TWO BY A MISSLE!!!

LOL

CE

All you need to know is that your government would never lie to you. I should know. I'm in the military, and I trust our leaders absolutely because they tell us the truth. If they lied to us, I wouldn't vote for them, and they wouldn't be in office. See, it logically follows that in order for them to be in office, they must tell the truth, which gets them votes. So have a little trust in the official statements and investigations. They are all accurate and totally complete. Carry on.
All you need to know is that your government cannot tell lies without being quickly exposed and cannot keep secrets. I should know, I was in the military and government service afterwards. Sooo, anyone care to explain why the recovered wreckage shows no evidence of a missile strike?

bocefus said:
Sooo, anyone care to explain why the recovered wreckage shows no evidence of a missile strike?
Because there was no missle strike.

aliens zapped it by accident, then the Navy tried shooting the mother ship, missed and hit a small 182 flown by a terrorist who was trying to TWA 800. Both planes plunged into the ocean, the mother ship warped outta there and the FBI came and took the black boxes from the NTSB because the Mother ship was talked about on the tapes.

Prop2Jet said:
aliens zapped it by accident, then the Navy tried shooting the mother ship, missed and hit a small 182 flown by a terrorist who was trying to TWA 800. Both planes plunged into the ocean, the mother ship warped outta there and the FBI came and took the black boxes from the NTSB because the Mother ship was talked about on the tapes.
That seems about right.

All of these conspiracy theroist are nuts. There would have to be too many people that would have to keep a secret, it would never work. Two people who know would be one too many.

siucavflight said:
That seems about right.

All of these conspiracy theroist are nuts. There would have to be too many people that would have to keep a secret, it would never work. Two people who know would be one too many.

thats pretty funny, I see your avatar right there. how long was that program black?

Fuel vapors in the center fuel tank were ignited by a shorted-out wire -- AFTER IT WAS SLICED IN TWO BY A MISSLE!!!
Funny, sounds like the same opinion as the TWA chief pilot!

You know what else is funny is how many high-level politicians, after 9/11, mentioned on TV the missile that shot down TWA 800. Whoops!

Something else funny is that the "official" reason for the explosion, this fuel tank issue, has never been fixed. Wonder why? Hint: It would be a waste of money and unnecessary.

Anyways, I back my government 100%. It doesn't lie to the people... Whatever it does, it does for a reason. Maybe we just don't fully understand it yet, or maybe it's because we didn't want to start the global war on terror in 1996, coincidentally just months before the presidential election. It's all about tradeoff. Is going to war worth the price of those lives? What happened with the American hostages in Iran? What did we do when our Marines got schwacked in Beirut? We do what the decision makers feel is best, no matter how unethical, weak, or shady it may seem. Things are, unfortunately, not so black and white when politics and warfare come together.

Last edited:
thats pretty funny, I see your avatar right there. how long was that program black?

That black program did not explode in front of the witnesses nor was it subjected to public scrutiny. Hell, even today the hardware from that program is not as accessible as the TWA-800 wreckage.

Something else funny is that the "official" reason for the explosion, this fuel tank issue, has never been fixed. Wonder why? Hint: It would be a waste of money.
Waste of money? I guess you could lump a whole bunch of NTSB suggested saftety upgrades into that category. Gee, I wonder why the military doesn't think GN2 fuel tank inerting systems are a waste of money?

17 years ago today was the Sioux City accident. Amazing how Al Haynes and his crew were able to save as many lives as they did!

Latest resources

Back