Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TV preacher's wife is sued. Any at CAL know the real skinny???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of the irony in these last several posts would be hilarious if it wasn't so freaking scary that these people are for Real with what they are saying within the hate speech.
O.M.G. is right

I watched Osteen once. Mentioned Jesus once in an hour. The rest was a bunch of feel good prosperity ministry phony stuff. Not ministry, more like pop psychology.

Jesus wouldn't have flown first class and he sure as heck wouldn't have had a B747SP.
AMEN!!!!!

The esteemed "Reverend" has reduced God to nothing more than a vending machine -- put in your prayers and your tithes, and He (God) will bless you with material wealth and power. Sounds like a good deal to me. No wonder he has 42,000 members following him (and giving him their money...).

But wait, how do you explain sickness and disease and poverty in even the most faithful? Obviously it is their own fault -- they either haven't given Joel enough money or their faith is too weak. Nice message...

I went to Lakewood Church once. I got a call from scheduling while I was there (on reserve) and had to step out quietly in the back to go to work. There were goons at the doors that tried to prevent me from leaving during the "sermon." I had to threaten to make a scene if they didn't let me out. Needless to say, I never went back. Some people will fall for anything.........

As for the Jesus comments, JC was the most radical revolutionary in His day (cultural revolution not political...). He would be disgusted by the behavior of today's televangelists. (Does the word Pharisee ring any bells???)

" 14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder." --James 2:14-19 (NIV)

You know it's all relative. I've had people say that they don't like certain preachers b/c their speeches sound tooo mystical, religious and/or spiritual. They need something more realistic and less stuff that has to do with Faith. Oh yeah, Jesus wouldn't?? uuummm... hmmm, last I checked all they had was horses and some camels back in the day. I think it's easier just to call you stupid.

...Obviously I meant Jesus wouldn't have been flaunting wealth in such a way as to undermine his central message. Come to think of it, he didn't really have any wealth. He didn't need it and that is part of the point, in case you missed it.

I don't need to call names to make my point... Why do you?

life

get one

Sure got nasty here while I was out. I will say it again: find your own answers, be it Fundamentals, Taoists, Jews, Baptists, even Muslims. They all have an opinion and a perspective. Read, watch, talk, run away, whatever. You will find answers, but they have to start at your own perspective and work outwards. If you find a like-minded spirit who clears your mind and gives you "the answer, " it is a tremendously enlightening experience. Or you can throw rocks at each other.

What do you learn from a flung rock? Gravity?
Fly safe!

Religion is a sham.

All so-called religions begin as cults and snowball from there with outrageous stories to reel in the believers.

Latest resources

Back