Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA's Large Aircraft Security Program (LASP)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

alohadmac

Everyone, please take a few minutes to support NBAA's position regarding the Large Aircraft Security Program (LASP). If implemented in it's current form, business aircraft would be subject to TSA screening and security regulations much like the airlines. It will also add more wasteful government spending (ie.. TSA agents at you local Signature FBO). You can read all the details on the NBAA website.

http://www.nbaa.org/ops/security/programs/lasp/

go to the link on the right side of the page under "contact congress letter on TSA's LASP proposal".

Last edited:
Perhaps another thread will get some more attention. Seems to me that no one cares about this and I can't for the life of me imagine why no one around here even wants to discuss it. This will leave GA in a state of ruin.

If you don't think this is a big deal, you better read the details of what's being proposed.

You talk about killing corporate aviation....in the three years I have been on the part 91 side, the MAIN reason 99% of the people I know who fly corporate do it to AVOID the airline/TSA security hassle.

If those same security restrictions hit our world....what is the benefit of even having a private jet?!?

1/22/09 AIN Alerts-

Those hoping that President Obama’s order on Tuesday to halt new rulemaking while his administration conducts a review might delay or eliminate the TSA’s proposed Large Aircraft Security Program (LASP) could be in for a disappointment. The consensus among aviation associations NBAA, AOPA and NATA is that the President’s order will have no effect on the LASP rulemaking and that the LASP will follow the normal rulemaking process.

I have been following the proposal and am still trying to get my brain around all that will be affected for our operation. It seems that the more I read, the more and more it seems corporate aviation will no longer look like it does today.

Most recently I received the list of non-federalized airports and feeder airports that the TSA feels does not meet their security standards. It's six pages in length and I have been to nearly all of the airports listed. If these airports are elminated for us, corporate aviation will truly be a thing of the past.

Please feel free to PM me with an email address and I'll send you the PDF of airports...it's really important that we talk to whomever will listen on this one!

It will truly be the end of my career if this goes through. These TSA folks don't have a clue about what the ramifications will be (or care).

It will truly be the end of my career if this goes through. These TSA folks don't have a clue about what the ramifications will be (or care).

Quite right.. They will still get paid, and just like those in congress, will not be held accountable for their actions.

WHO DO WE CONTACT, AND HOW DO WE GET THROUGH TO THEM?

I trie to Email the TSA website and got a form letter back. I also tried to call and you cannot get a person on the phone.

WHO DO WE CONTACT, AND HOW DO WE GET THROUGH TO THEM?

I am going to write every member the Department of Homeland Security in Congress. It's about 25 people or so... I think we should emphasize that tens of thousands of blue-collar machinists and technicians from Hawker, Cessna and Gulfstream are going to loose their jobs - politicians couldn't care less about us over-paid pilots...

Latest resources

Back