Tsa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rspilot said:
Dollar an hour more is a dollar an hour more......check airline pilot pay.com and youll find most pay the same for the 700 or 200.

dollar more an hour?!?!? I make a little over a dollar a minute flying 50 seater! If im 3 minutes delayed because of holding or weather, I just made three dollars more an hour, and 3 dollars more than you on that trip. Your so clueless, ya asshat.

Last edited:
rspilot said:
Dollar an hour more is a dollar an hour more......check airline pilot pay.com and youll find most pay the same for the 700 or 200.

Are you saying that most places have the same rate when they fly both equipment??? When I check your website, I find that Eagle, ASA, CMR, MESA, CHQ, Suttle America, and PSA all have different rates for their 70 and 50 seat aircraft. Additionally Mesaba and AWAC have different pay scales for their 50 seaters and the Bae146.....

The only airline I know of that flies the 50 and 70 seats at the same rates for captain pay is SkyWest. From most of the people I talk to there, that is one of their biggest complaints.

rspilot said:

You know even mesa gives more than a dollar an hour difference in payrates when comparing a 70 seater to 50 seater within the company.

BTW I commend Mesa for making GJ look worse!

BoilerUP said:
SKW, CMR & PSA pay the same for the 700. Eagle pays more, Republic/Shuttle pays more, ASA pays more, Horizon pays more, is there anybody else I am missing? $1.00 more per BLOCK HOUR ain't sh!t when it comes to compensation...work rules & rigs are where the money comes from, especially when you are sitting in the penalty box at ORD or in the conga line at PHL or EWR.

Here's a little math experiment - we'll call it "Lets compare W2s". You make 56/block hour at GJ and a TSA 145 capt makes 55/hr. You each fly a segment that is blocked for 1:20 from ORD. Once you push you both wait 31 minutes to get airborne due to runway configuration. Your block time in the mighty CR7 at .81 is 54 minutes while the 145's block time at .74 is 57 minutes. You just worked 1:25, got paid 1:20, and grossed $74.67. The TSA captain worked 1:28, credited 1:28 and grossed $80.67. Even when you take the 1.95% ALPA dues off, the TSA pilot credited $79.10, or put another way, $4.43 more than you. Over the course of a monthly line, that's a big difference.

But you make one buck per BLOCK HOUR more to fly 20 more seats, so its all good...

U just proved my point.....thank you

cq43vt17t said:
Are you saying that most places have the same rate when they fly both equipment??? When I check your website, I find that Eagle, ASA, CMR, MESA, CHQ, Suttle America, and PSA all have different rates for their 70 and 50 seat aircraft. Additionally Mesaba and AWAC have different pay scales for their 50 seaters and the Bae146.....

The only airline I know of that flies the 50 and 70 seats at the same rates for captain pay is SkyWest. From most of the people I talk to there, that is one of their biggest complaints.

U need to check again....psa, skywest, comair pay the same.

rspilot said:

I already stated that Skywest does not differentiate 50 and 70 seat pay.

PSA does have different rates My math may be foggy but last I checked
$58 does not equal $51 (first year captain pay)
$60 does not equal $55 (second year captian pay)
$62 does not equal $56 (third year captain pay)
$91 does not equal $84 (top pay captain)

it sure looks like a different payscale to me at PSA

CMR has a first year captain rate on the 200 at 54 and 700 at 57
CMR has top captain pay rate on the 200 at 87 and 700 at 94

That also seems like they have a different scale for 50 and 70 seaters.

rspilot said:
U just proved my point.....thank you

And exactly what "point" did you make, and did I prove?

That with your "extra buck per hour" to fly a plane with 20 more seats you still gross less than a TSA 145 captain?

It is my understanding that while PSA has seperate rates for the 50 and 70, they actually pay at a blended rate dependant upon the number of 70s on property.

rspilot said:

Look g0jet lowlife, your pay is the worst in the industry period. Even if in an upside down world you were paid 300 dollars an hour, it wouldn't change the fact that you are part of an alter ego whipsaw airline. Don't compare yourself to any other airline out there. In any way, shape or form, you are a completely separate category.

The alter ego whipsaw pilot. Close cousin to the scab.

rspilot said:
One more thing i must address...there is no crying in aviation and you can keep all of your anti gj slogans and whatever else you have....once again....we dont care if you like us or not....we keep our friends close and wanna keep our enemies closer.

Keep the whole industry close then buddy. And that is not because we are all g0jet "friends". While your at it, who is a "friend" to g0jet? So lonely. Makes me feel like crying.

You care a whole lot whether you are "liked". That is why you keep posting.

Latest resources

Back