TSA xray/patdown on Colbert Report

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

Once it hits this show, there's nothing left for the TSA to do but capitulate.

http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/mon-november-15-2010-david-stern (starts at about 2min 30s, after he confesses that he murdered Mr Goodwrench).

The company that makes the xray machines is Rapiscan, "A company whose name I pray is not pronounced rape-is-scan."

Nice summary of the ridiculousness of screening pilots, too: "C'mon pilots...we have to make sure you don't have a weapon--other than a giant-hurdling-tube-of-steel-filled-with-explosive-fuel-that-you-are-in-complete-control-of."

Last edited:
How about our unions, APA, ALPA, USAPA, etc... all start a mail your congressman campaign, to let them know how we feel?

These machines emit harmful radiation. ALPA has, once again, failed its entire membership and the professional flying community with more listlessness and retrograde inertia.

I firmly believe ALPA should be disbanded over this alone.

I thought that ALPA was working with the TSAholes to implement biometrics??

Yes, they assigned a Blue Ribbon Panel to examine the issue. It is the same panel that solved the US Airways integration dispute. . . nevermind.

TSA makes Letterman Top 10 last night.

Once again, when it's on these late night comedy shows in such a prominent way, it is clearly on the public's mind. Hopefully this is keeping the pressure on the TSA to get CrewPass done!

http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/video/?pid=6sIVOsoz_zGF8bMy01cGsmMstTwNmSpk&nrd=1

Moderator: Please note that I did not begin a new thread called "TSA xray/patdown on Letterman." I economized by just adding it to the Colbert thread. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back