Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA will check ur bag without you there!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I posted before on some stuff the TSA was responsible for breaking when they neglected to repack my back as carefully as I, but I neglected to tell y'll the FOUR TO SIX month response time they have to make amends fort their carelessness.

Ali

I think the only consolation, if you can call it that, is the bags won't be opened unless they get a positive on the bomb sniffer. As far as the number of false positives they get....who knows!?

Also, they're supposed to abide by a "two person rule" when opening bags for inspection. Hopefully that'll alleviate any pilfering urges.

serching bags is not new

Just wanted to point out that before the TSA your bags were still subject to search with or without you being there. I worked as a ramp rat before my flying days and that was always the policy. there were serveral times that I can remember that we did indeed look through someones bag.

On the lighter side...

I was jumpseating home the other day from ABI. At the ABI security check point I was asked by security if they could look through my bag. Of course I said yes. So she starts digging through and she pulls out the Perfect Pancake Maker I got for Christmas. The guy running the machine comes over and starts slapping it on his hand. Apparently the Perfect Pancake Maker falls under the category of weapon. No biggy, I'll just check it. My second bag comes through and they have to search it too. Apparently Bobble Head Dolls look very similar to a bomb. So they swab my bag and then dig through and find the bobble head. So I put everything back, leave security, check the Perfect Pancake Maker through to my destination. Coming back through security, they spot the Bobble Head Doll again! Again they swab the bag, and dig through it. Finally I got through, but it was funny that a Bobble Head Doll and a Pancake Maker are considered dangerous items.

Latest resources

Back