TSA wants a free ride!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bafanguy said:
I agree with Spooky1 that this whole idea is a bit iffy, but it could be a tough legal issue depending on what category these people would be put in. As you know, there are a few types you cannot refuse access without stirring up a real hornet's nest...Secret Service, FAA ACI's, NTSB, etc. Sure, you can throw 'em off, but you better have one seriously good reason with cast iron proof you're right.

However, I can't imagine ANY case can be made for allowing these people in the cockpit for ANY reason. "...to see what they're protecting..." ?? They saw that when they pawed through my suitcase full of dirty underwear, smelled my feet, and got close enough to give me a big, wet French kiss.

Even a one-time FAM ride is out of the question. Unless they're put in some "must ride" category, I can't imagine ever hearing of one of them being allowed by the captain to ride in the cockpit.

What a joke !!!
I agree with you 100%. gee, let's see: allow a guy whose job it is to protect the POTUS into the cockpit or allow Ron Felcher from off the street, who happens to run the the TSA X-ray machine, into the cockpit. i think the answer is clear. it's "C", the extremely hot (and rare) brunette 22 year old stewardess whom you befriended the night before :D

no, seriously, i'd take the Secret Service guy over the TSA guy any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Here is a god one for you. We get to atlanta and head in for lunch, thanks to a 3 hour sit. The f/a stays on to read or something. I come back and the door is closed and no f/a. The captain comes back and says the tsa is giving our airline a fine for leaving the airplane door open and that means the airplane was not secured. The f/a went in after us to grab some food and didn't close the door. I couldn't belive it the tsa guy said our airplane was not secure even though it's on a secure ramp thanks to the tsa. He also said it was because we left our door open. I guess the people who want to blow up our planes can't read because the directions to open the door are right there on it. I HATE THE TSA.

uhoh... i think that this is spawning a new thread! :D

Only after full body cavity search by surly rampers

Spooky 1 said:
Unfortunetly this rumor has a ring of truth to it. I am not sure what you can do to stop it as if I am not mistaken these folks come under the Justice Dept. and with full backing from that part of the goverment, things could get dicey real quick.

Actually, TSA is a sub-division within the Department of Homeland Security, which also includes Customs and Border Protection and Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

With that being said, I would find it unlikely you will get groups from DHS approved to ride in the flight deck.

If TSA were under DOT's jurisdiction or, as you mentioned, DOJ, then it might be a different matter. Under DOJ they would be grouped with FBI and BATF, and of course under DOT, grouped with the FAA.

AA717driver said:
Wait! How about this: "Sir, I believe I smell alcohol on your breath. I cannot allow you to ride the jumpseat in that condition."

That's great!!!

Besides, aren't those new cockpit doors meant to keep people like them on THE OTHER SIDE of the door!!

Latest resources

Back