TSA wants a free ride!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyingdutchman

Latest rumor I heard is that TSA wants free jumpseat privelleges (121 and 135). for there employees.

What do you guys think?

(my vote: no way! pilots, FA's, dispatchers, ATC and FAA only)

Last edited:
I wish.. I just heard it from a friend.. I'm against it, that's for sure

They will NEVER be on my jumpseat. I'll make sure it is deferred or unavailable due to w/b before I let TSA on it.

When they change their attitude towards us, I'll reconsider mine towards them.

anon said:
They will NEVER be on my jumpseat. I'll make sure it is deferred or unavailable due to w/b before I let TSA on it.

When they change their attitude towards us, I'll reconsider mine towards them.

Well said. And it is about their attitude. I have no problem with normal airport screening. But with TSA attitudes being what they are, I frankly would fear a flight with one of them on my jumpseat. Lord only knows what allegations they would file against the crew after a 2 hour flight.

IT'S TRUE, THE TSA IS PUSHING TO GET COCKPIT ACCESS. I HAVE A CLOSE FRIEND THAT IS A AGENT @PDX. SHE SAID THAT THE STORY THEY ARE GOING WITH IS THAT THEY NEED TO "SEE WHAT THEY ARE PROTECTING", AND ALTHO SHE IS A AGENT, SHE SAID THAT SHE WILL NOT JUMPSEAT, BECAUSE SHE DOSEN'T BELONG UP THERE. LOOKS LIKE IF IT GOES THRU, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO JUMPSEAT JUST LIKE A SECRET SERVICE AGENT. GOODBYE MR. JUMPSEAT, IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU.

This is BS, since 9-11 pilots but especially dispatchers have had a much harder time jumpseating, and we have a legitimate REG that allows us to be there....Aside from the Captains approval, receip agreements and CASS...of course!

I say If these NON-AIRMEN want to see what they are, (cough cough) protecting, them let them see a flight deck on a aircraft sitting at a gate for an overnight!.....

They are cops, Marshalls, or secret service....we dont need no more stinking competition for empty seats when we are trying to get to work/home

Let's see, how about no JS privileges without a background check, fingerprinting, proof-of-citizenship ID card, $130 fee, and a 3-month waiting period? I mean, fair is fair, right?

HA HA

they must be wanded first and then they must take of their shoes so we can inspect them.

HA HA

Rediculous!

Latest resources

Back