TSA wants a free ride!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyer2000 said:
I am the jumpseat chairman at my airline. This subject was brought up at the last conference [all jumpseat committees]. Let me put this rumor to rest right now. TSA is NOT seeking the jumpseat. They asked about 2 years ago and were told NO! That was the end of that subject. They have no business in the cockpit and could not justify their need to be there.

As to passes [free or otherwise], this too is a false rumor. TSA agents needing to move from one station to another are given the equivelant of a "positive space" ticket purchased by TSA [not the agent]. No TSA agent is handed a book of tickets to use for his/her leisure.

Hope this helps put all the angry emotions to rest. Let's all put down the baseball bats and go have a cocktail. Makes for lower blood pressure and longer life.
NONSENSE, POOPYPANTS!!! you're not jumpseat chairperson! you work for the TSA!! he's trying to throw the pilots off!!! get him!!! lynch his house and burn him down....or something like that.

I dont mind them getting cockpit/jumpseat access, but only under one condition.

WE THE PILOTS get to do our own personal searches of the TSA members in a manner which WE see fit - prior to them boarding. :D

Latest resources

Back