• Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J32driver said:
After making the penguins go through the metal detectors at DIA, I'll believe anything in regards to TSA!

Haven't you seen "Madagascar?" Penguins successfully hijacked a ship! They are devilishly clever, determined and disciplined adversaries. They should be subject to additional screening every time.

PETA, I'm sure, will not allow them to be profiled. Here the harmless box turtle will have to have his shell searched while the real danger slides right through with his self-esteem (and weapons cache) intact.

Last edited:
Vicman said:
i know how frustrating TSA encounters can be, however, that agent did have a legitimate concern. I don't think that the kitchen knives used in food preparation are accounted for,(theoretically) that situation is a texbook example of how to smuggle contraband.

Well, lets think about that in the context here. They wanted to have an aircraft shutdown so they could scan half of partially eaten sandwich. Now assuming that you are correct, and this was a perfect way to smuggle a contraband kitchen knife onto the aircraft, don't you think that whoever it was smuggled to would have removed it from the container before they turned to over to the screeners to have it reexamined? If they(the TSA) were indeed serious about a possible threat in this case, they should have deplaned the aircraft and had everyone and every piece of carry on luggage rescreened. Otherwise this was en exercise in futility with no purpose but to show their "power".

Do Rampers, and mechanics, and TSA agents working that day have to go though security?

What if you guys had you mechanics put a leatherman or two in the cockpit for you?

Try to get your company to institute a policy to carry them on the A/C.

Last edited:
OPECJet said:
IPT is the worst.....

Been through there on overnights 3 times, all 3 was told to take my shoes off, wanded once (after NOT setting the metal detector off), all 3 times had my kitbag searched, and twice had my overnight bag searched.

I met a Captain who got some foot fungus from taking off his shoes and walking on the carpet that 10,000 people just walked on the week before. Accroding to the TSA, You can refuse to remove your shoes and opt for a "manual wanding" and inspection.

On a lighter note....I did find the most incredible use to date for the TSA. Iwas on an overnight at a very anal rententive outstation. (they hover over the ENTIRE CREW as they do there morning acceptance checks) . Thinking ahead, I asked the agent for a rubber glove for a preflight as I had to open some panels on the exterior of the aircraft and didn't want to get dirty. Long story short there are the most expensive latex glove vendors to date.

Axel said:
Haven't you seen "Madagascar?" Penguins successfully hijacked a ship! They are devilishly clever, determined and disciplined adversaries. They should be subject to additional screening every time.

Never underestimate the cleverness and determination of penguins. Just ask Flash, he knows how easily penguins can get over on the screeners at IPT.

HatWearer said:
Yep, that's IPT. Seach every pax, and go overboard with everybody...they try to control everything at that station. It just kills them when the crew is allowed to go through ops to the plane. We once were delayed 30 min out of there while we waited for the police to come and check out some guy who accidently left a pocket knife in his bag. I guess they couldn't just confiscate it like everywhere else.

Theres nothing like giving white trash with nothing else going for them in life a little power..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back