• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The worst time with TSA was just after they took over in Feb 2002. At BOS several TSA folks in suits started up a conversation with an FAA FSDO guy (I had known him for years) and myself just after I had gone through security. I told these TSA guys that I knew of 4 ways I could get onto the ramp from within the terminal. They were astonished and didn't believe it. I demonstrated one way and they tried to arrest me (I actually stepped through the door and put one foot on the ramp). They were calling on their cell phones for security. The FAA guy then told them that he was a witness to a pilot attempting to assist the TSA and that if they actually went through with this he was going to make sure the story would be spread wide through the industry and that no pilot would ever attempt to assist the TSA again. These folks were about 30 and midlevel management sent there from DC. They called their supervisor, talked it out and then wanted to know about the other 3 areas. My memory had gone blank at that time and they were angry. At that time a senior level FAA person had arrived, been briefed by my friend, and he answered to them "What the hell do you people expect? You've threatened him with arrest for showing you and now you want him to go through this again? Your graduation certificates from "Dumbass School" must be valedictorian. Gotta love the FAA at times.

Great story, but let this be a lesson to all of us. DONT EVER, EVER HELP THE TSA IDIOT TRAILER TRASH MORONS!!!!!!! Most useless humans on the face of the Earth. I get sick to my stomach when they try to start a conversation with me. All I can think is how badly I. . . nevermind. I havent had coffee yet.

I agree with the above post, back then willing to give them the benefit of doubt, now I won't give them the time of day. Every time one of them tries to strike up a conversation I ask if I passed his 'drunk test'. amazing how many embarrassed looks I get from them.

BD King said:
What? Ya gotta be putting me on. Any one know this story?

www.bdkingpress.com

yeah they are the san diego sea world penguins who travel the country to schools, shows etc. to promote conservation and of course... sea world. i have personally had them on my plane, walking the aisles as the aids did a PA telling the science of penguins etc. pretty cool stuff.

in this case i think the sea world folks knew a camera crew was at the airport and so when the cages needed to be screened instead they let "peter and peggy" (i think they are called) walk through the metal detector which ended up making CNN all day and doing a really nice promo for sea world.

TSA in HPN is just as bad. You have through security and then be driven to the unsecured FBO side to pick up your plane. Keep in mind you are now on the GA side of the airport and free to do what you want. So why go through TSA screening in the first place.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back