• Start date
  • Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As soon as I read "IPT" I knew it would be something stupid in ref. to the TSA. Except for the TSA up there I actually liked flying to IPT and overnighting there. Parts of that town are very nice.

funny that they are so crazy about security there and just 20 feet from where the Dash parks (also just outside security and the pax boarding area) there is a 2 to 3 foot gap in the chainlink fence between the terminal and tower/firehouse. Atleast it was there this time last year before I left for MDA.

well

i know how frustrating TSA encounters can be, however, that agent did have a legitimate concern. I don't think that the kitchen knives used in food preparation are accounted for,(theoretically) that situation is a texbook example of how to smuggle contraband.

sorry to rain on your parade there.....and (theoretically) at times, i wish i could tell TSA to kiss my (beep).

i know how frustrating TSA encounters can be, however, that agent did have a legitimate concern. I don't think that the kitchen knives used in food preparation are accounted for,(theoretically) that situation is a texbook example of how to smuggle contraband.

With that logic, we should take out all eaterys in every airport,as im sure someone could smuggle something onto a plane...

IPT is the worst.....

Been through there on overnights 3 times, all 3 was told to take my shoes off, wanded once (after NOT setting the metal detector off), all 3 times had my kitbag searched, and twice had my overnight bag searched.

All but one of the 6 screeners were friendly. The supervisor is an a$$.

I also love going through security so I can walk thru the garage doors and then behind the ticket counter. That airport can rot as far as I'm concerned. At least until they get new TSA agents. It's the only place I've ever had a problem, or seen a problem with flight crew.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about the F/O that flew the airplane in, and then deadheaded out with us. He stayed on the airplane until an agent held his green slip hostage until he went through security. What a friggin joke!

I guess this is a silly question but why didn't she just give them the half eaten sandwich and be on her way? Perhaps a visual inspection of the sandwich on board the a/c would have sufficed. The sandwich owner could have lifted the bread...etc. Why would you have to shut down for them to x-ray a half a sandwich? I mean, how long could it take? Don't get me wrong, I agree that TSA agent should be fired and confined to the nearest booby hatch for testing and observation. Just curious about the other questions.

Nail Clippers

I cant for the life of me remember what airport I was in but with nail clippers no longer allowed on the airplane I found it interesting that one of the stores by the gate after you clear security was selling nail clippers. Had a huge bucket of them on the shelf.

If they were going to re-screen, they should of gone all the way. All pax and security sweep of the A/C.

Let's just say the there was a gun along with the sandwich. Gun goes in the seatback pocket, pax and half-eaten sandwich get re-screened and gets back on the A/C where the gun is waiting for them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back