TSA Proposal. MUST READ!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fischman

I got this link from the Congressman who represents my district. I recommend all to click this link. It provides a voice for your inputs directly into the controlling agency's rule-making process.

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspubli...00006480795c1b

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE FOR YOUR OPPOSITION TO TSA COMING TO A PRIVATE AIRPORT NEAR YOU TO BE HEARD

Not sure about that. I just got the link from my Representative today. (2/6/2009)

Need a Reader's Digest version....

I think the Fracs already comply with most of this? do we not?

No.

Fracs do check names and IDs. After that, the rest is new.

Pax would be limited to 3 oz bottles, just like the airlines. Guns would be prohibited, unless your aircraft has a segregated cargo area.

Most importantly, landing fees will sky rocket. Many airports may close. The state of Kansas is saying that 98% of their airports won't be able to stay open if the rule change passes.

This affects all of G.A.

Has the comment date been extended?? It says the same in the document.......

Due to industry pressure, the TSA has extended the comment period to Feb 27th, 2009. I recently checked and there has been less then 2,500 comments posted. Considering the potential impact to our industry, I can not understand why EVERYONE has not sent in their comments.

For a comparison, the TSA NPRM on the D.C. ADIZ being made permanent had about 20,000 comments and the TSA completely disregarded all of them and went ahead and made ADIZ permanent (although it is tied up by the new administration right now)...

I think were screwed...

Plus part 91K, the "lead passenger" may vouch for the rest of the passengers without crews having to check all IDs.

I think the Fracs already comply with most of this? do we not?
Fracs do check names and IDs. After that, the rest is new.
I just read this entire thing and we already comply with these procedures. It would basically extend the 12 5 procedures to private aircraft.

Pax would be limited to 3 oz bottles, just like the airlines.
Nowhere in the NPRM does it say this. Aircraft over 100,000 (and change) are the ones that would have to adopt similar screening requirements as the airlines. However, what the procedures would be was not clearly outlined but it implied the same security standards.
Guns would be prohibited, unless your aircraft has a segregated cargo area.
Not accurate. Just like operators who must follow 12 5 procedures, guns may be carried in the cabin if they are secured by the flight crew. For example, locked cases where the crew has the key. We already comply with this and it is relatively painless.

Latest resources

Back