• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA pilot issue on abc evening news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't we get more pre employment screening and testing then TSA. Our unions need to collaborate and have crewpass done within a year or we walk until it's done.

<<<ALPA has obtained the required approval from TSA for nationwide CrewPASS implementation; the Association is urging each carrier to make this system available for use of their flight crewmembers.>>>

Again, why isn't ALPA paying for it? They definitely have the money (from us) to do it.

Because they would have to lay off some of their uber talented Washington secretaries.

Is this all another powerful argument for applying to the FFDO program? I wish we were eligible at my company. I wouldn't carry on the job but would love to be able to go to the sign-in desk, show credentials, and head for the gate.

With guys like you it's no wonder the government is scaling back on the program.

With guys like you it's no wonder the government is scaling back on the program.

I will overlook your insult and explain that I am not an airline pilot. If I were, I would definitely be in the FFDO program and would certainly carry. But 135/91K operators are extremely unlikely to be included in the program. Even if we were, the nature of my job would prevent my ability to carry while working. For example, the Mossad takes a dim view of a passenger carrying a firearm when airlining on El Al to Tel Aviv to collect a G-550.

None of which changes the topic at hand: Uniformed and properly credentialed crewmembers SHOULD NOT be subject to full body scans or invasive pat-downs. Period.

Latest resources

Back