Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA or ASA, who would you rather work for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
If you had to choose between these companies, which would choose and why? Let say you have a job offer at both, with class dates starting around the time.

Thanks,
TA

I would go to ASA.
ASA is a pretty good company to work and they're still growing.

I'm hopeful that ALPA will get them the contract that they deserve. The pilot group is great.

TSA is kind of up and down. While in ground school at FSI in STL, there was a friend of mine going through Capt upgrade on the E145; he likes working at TSA, but feels that they're going to loose the Us Airways contact.

Work for ASA! It's full of great people to work with, along with exceptional travel benefits.

If SkyWest and ASA merge, what would that mean to a guy who's on he bottom of the list?

Go to ASA! If you're going to be an FO for a while you might as well do it at a descent company- TSA blows (the flight crews are great but management is the worst). The first year pay may be a little better at TSA, but by year 2 ASA already blows away TSA (by about $10 per hour) and that is without whatever new contract comes in. I don't know about management at ASA, but TSA management continually and willfully violates the pilot and flight attendant contracts and tells us to greive it- that litterally takes years to settle many of the grievances. There are problems with all management, but I have to say TSA has got to be among the worst as far as treating it's employees.

Latest resources

Back