Tsa Lounge Deleted Important Replies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Thebadcat1313

I will first state that this thread is not Flame bait nor intended to start a war with our pilots vs. ALPA vs. TSA. Our Lounge decided to DELETE a reply from their site and I am here to post it again because it needs to be known and not DELETED!!! Please pass this on to all Waterskiers and tell them to read this post!

Well I have to say I am surprised that a thread that was started to help out fellow Waterskiers has been deleted from TSAlounge. There have been some questions about denying a jumpseat in the cockpit to a GJ pilot. I am tired of hearing rumors and I went straight to the source. I called our POI in STL to ask the very question that has been having pilots at TSA confused. I asked what is the position of the FAA if our company would fire a pilot for denying a jumpseat to a GJ jumpseater that wanted the seat in the cockpit. When I called I was on speakerphone with two other inspectors in the office. They all said the same thing in a little different manor. If you cross Labor issues vs. Safety issues to deny the jumpseat you are going to have an uphill battle with us. To me that is saying this is not a battle you want to get involved in. They said they want to protect the FARs and said if it is truly safety related you better bring the plane back to the gate or do not leave the gate. OF COURSE I played every scenario to him about the distraction of them even being in there, but it did not matter what I said about safety at that time he more or less said you would have a tough time convincing us. I was turning blue in the face trying to argue” OUR POINT” but it did not matter. I know what the FARs says I know what our GOM says….you can copy and paste them all you want but if you do not believe me call him and quit trying to stir the pot around here. CALL, ASK, BE INFORMED from the people most of you think will save your job. Sorry about the length of this post but it could go on and on so I thought I would just hit a couple main areas. I am not going to get into a debate with you on this so don’t look for many replies to your answer I am just posting some FACTS, not RUMORS!!!

I am not telling you what to do if this situation arises, but if you get fired and go crying to the FAA to ask for help I am guessing that they will not be a lot of help. You better have something witnessed or recorded for it to hold up to SAFETY of FLIGHT!

PS. I hated typing this post but I thought you might want to be informed since TSA LOUNGE deleted all of the replies on this issue that came from one of us! Do not get me wrong I hate this outcome, it should lie with the PIC no matter how he feels about the situation but guess what the FAA owns the jumpseat privileges NOT TSA or the PIC!

First of all you were deleted because you registered under a fake name and fake email address. It is clearly stated in our terms and conditions that these must be legitimate or your account will be deleted including all of your posts. We requested you update your information twice.

Second by posting this anonymously you have no credibility.

Third, you are a G0Jet pilot trying to pretend you are a TSA pilot.

additionally the information you (badcat) posted was incorrect in that thread. Another poster had excerpted from an FAA ruling which stated that the pic could deny the jumpseat to whomever, including an inspector. That ruling stated that their was a higher standard for denying access to an inspector who was performing safety duties, but that did not apply in other situations.

To Mr. Eaglelounge Read Slowly!

That screen name is registered to a real NOT fake e-mail address and just because someone does not check his or her e-mail everyday at the address I guess it is FAKE UHHH! To your reply about being a GJ PILOT, that is sad and pathetic...grow up and allow a TSA pilot to inform from a creditable source what he has learned. I am in this fight against GJ as much as you, and I am not sure why you would be against this post or replies on TSA LOUNGE when someone is just trying to properly INFORM them on what might just happen! I feel the same way about this GJ issue, but for Christ sake man allow a pilot to inform their pilots about a possible consequence.

And second off your quote "Second by posting this anonymously you have no credibility."

Again all I can say is grow up, I work for the same bean counters as you do, and just because YOU cannot find an IP address on me does not mean I am a fake or a GJ pilot.

Look at what was posted and then read it again, where am I hurting or jeopardizing a TSA pilot....I guess if you call informing them from a true phone call that took place "A bad thing for TSA Pilots” Then I am now wondering who side on the team are you an MR. EAGLELOUNGE! I just do not want to see my Captains or other FO’s have a false sense of security!

YAWN……

So I see that you don’t dispute that you registered with a fake name, and some email address you got from Yahoo.

Again all I can say is grow up, I work for the same bean counters as you do, and just because YOU cannot find an IP address on me does not mean I am a fake or a GJ pilot.

Not true, I got your IP address from New Jersey (name of the town starts with an "M").

The rules are plain and simple and spelled out. Register with a legitimate name and employee # or your account and posts will be removed. Everybody else that posts on tsalounge can follow those rules, why cant you? If you really cared about getting this information to the TSA pilots and it was legitimate you wouldnt have a problem with following the rules.

This will be my last reply. I will not respond to your posts anymore. Feel free to send me an email.

Last edited:
Thats not true badcat.

I personally know of 2 pilots who have turned down hojet jumpseaters and both are still employed at Trans States. Go try to spread your fear elsewhere.

This is obviously a load of crap from some desperate HoJets commuter that is having trouble getting to work. He thinks he can spread a little fear and all of the real pilots will stop kicking him off their airplanes. Sorry douchebag, it ain't gonna work.

The FAA has always been very clear on this issue, and they will always side with the pilots. A UPS pilot was disciplined by management for denying jumpseaters about 2 years ago and the FAA quickly cracked down on it after the IPA informed them. The FAA will never deny the PIC his authority over the jumpseat. It is right in the regs, and it's unambiguous. Get over it.

Latest resources

Back