TSA lets stolen truck into PHX complex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
I think we should blame it on the Phoenix police. They decided to be "safe" and not approach the vehicle, even when it wasn't close to the airport. Then, it heads towards the airport and endangers hundreds of lives when the truck went onto the taxiway. Way to go--Phoenix police. Where were the spike strips? Can they shoot out the tires?

Bye Bye--General Lee

They shot at him several times.

Last edited:
If we had proper security, this guy would have been wiped out with extreme violence as soon as he was on airport property. Since the cameras were rolling - the more violent the better.
That would have been an effective demonstration for would be terrorists. Instead it sounds like they showed a potential weakness.

Last edited:
I just think they should have done something before he entered the airport grounds. They "shadowed" him for awhile before he even got close to the airport. Now they can see that someone like that can get onto an active taxiway or runway, and possibly kill hundreds by running into an airplane full of gas going to the East Coast. It just looked like it was too easy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I would doubt it, but hopefully, maybe this would be a wake up call to the threat from car bombs being driven straight through an airport perimeter. I can think of a lot of airports where all you have to do is swerve off the public road and run right through nothing but a chain link fence and be on the aircraft operating area. No moats, no ditches, nothing to stop them from running a vehicle packed with explosives right into the terminal or a plane. If somebody tries that, there would only be a few seconds to stop them. They need to start digging ditches or start patrolling with humvees armed with .50's.

SkiFishFly said:
If we had proper security, this guy would have been wiped out with extreme violence as soon as he was on airport property. Since the cameras were rolling - the more violent the better.
That would have been an effective demonstration for would be terrorists. Instead it sounds like they showed a potential weakness.

Exactly,,,it turned into a training video for all potentials

Would this guy fall under the jurisdiction of Sheriif Joe Arpaio (sp) in Maricopa? Not too familiar with the area, but have read a lot about his lockup

I think the should have called in a strike...a little 'shock and Awe'!! would have been cool, and sent a message to would be terrorists that we mean business....so good ol air to ground missle....

Really, that truck should have never been allowed to get close to any aircraft and they should have used any means to prevent a high possibility of loss of life...JMHO...

Latest resources

Back