• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F9 Driver

Wear The Fox Hat
Anybody else watching this circus?

Way to keep us safe! TSA- thousands standing around.

CNN showing truck driving past taxi traffic at PHX.

Yeah, just watched that as it happened on TV. Sounds like he busted through a fence at pretty high speed. I still think we should blame it on TSA, though. They make such great scapegoats.

I didn't realize the TSA were armed and patrolled the airports in squad cars. Should they have left their posts at the metal detectors and chased this truck on foot?

Clyde said:
I didn't realize the TSA were armed and patrolled the airports in squad cars. Should they have left their posts at the metal detectors and chased this truck on foot?
yes, if only for entertainment value.

Clyde said:

Ok then. Who patrols the perimeter? I’ve seen TSA or their subs as well as DPD driving the fence around DEN, and assumed they had some capability to stop an advancing vehicle. Denver’s finest certainly seem capable of stopping vehicles exceeding the speed limit in and out of DEN.

The stolen truck didn’t sneak up on PHX. It was being followed by half the freeking DPS, sheriff, and local police as well as most of the media Air Force!

He entered the runway complex and drove by or under (couldn’t tell from the video angle) the wing of three Southwest 737s, one Mesa RJ, and an America West jet on the runway before getting hung up running over the fence on the way off the airport.

I know the technology is radical. Who would have thought of using a car as a weapon against a fixed target?

At what point is law enforcement allowed to use force to protect the public at our super secure airports? Are they at all? Do they just sniff breath and butts? I’m sure glad they took my Leatherman.

Now “The Airport” is being quoted as saying that the incident caused minor flight delays. Somebody in Homeland Security will probably get promoted over this one

Anybody got a used ICBM silo for sale in Idaho?

I think we should blame it on the Phoenix police. They decided to be "safe" and not approach the vehicle, even when it wasn't close to the airport. Then, it heads towards the airport and endangers hundreds of lives when the truck went onto the taxiway. Way to go--Phoenix police. Where were the spike strips? Can they shoot out the tires?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't blame the men and women in uniform. Heck, had they fired on the guy the libs in the media would have been all over it. Personally, I would have treminated him with extreme prejudice.

I am a lot less worried about a stray truck than I am about the unscreened "trusted" employees waltzing in the back door every day..... and that IS the tsA's fault......

Latest resources

Back