• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA considering prosecution of Eagle after TSA Agent breaks airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eagle isn't the first one to suffer this kind of TSA buffoonery. It happens in the 135 world as well. I've seen more than a couple maintenance writeups on biz jets for bent TAT or pitot probes. At the time I wasn't sure why or how, but now it seems pretty darn clear what the cause may have been.

Unfortunately, there's not a danged thing the FAA can do to stop the TSA. FAA answers to the DOT, TSA answers to the DHS, and the only connecting level of management between them is Dubya himself. The TSA has been given a much bigger stick than the FAA, and they know it. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure the FAA HAS a stick.... Point being, the FAA is completely powerless in the face of the TSA because of the way the lines of authority are running. Not like the TSA would listen anyway.

The senate aviation oversight committee could scream and yell all they want, and it's not likely the TSA would listen either.

You want to see real comedic tragedy? Go to the security checkpoint at a major airport and just sit back and watch. Sooner or later, an FAA inspector is going to come along and try to get through with the 110A. Hoooooooooo boy those TSA goons love that! Their eyes light up like a kid who just got a set of car keys for their 16th birthday.

The Senate transportation subcommittee can do more than scream and yell; they are the ones who pass legislation directly affecting the TSA, DHS, and FAA. The TSA disregards legislation at its own legal peril.

True, very true. But anymore it seems that the TSA and the DHS can't be touched by legal peril.

Morgoth, I frequently complain that we pilots sit on this Board and complain to each other, rather than to someone important. The empowered class just loves when peons sit among themselves and share stories of their misery -- whether it's peon welfare recipients, or peon airline pilots.

But you have done what we all should do. You acted. You spoke. You have remembered that the elected draw their power through the consent of the governed. My hat's off to you for being the one to stand up and voice our complaint. Thank you. You're a Great American!

Eagle isn't the first one to suffer this kind of TSA buffoonery. It happens in the 135 world as well. I've seen more than a couple maintenance writeups on biz jets for bent TAT or pitot probes. At the time I wasn't sure why or how, but now it seems pretty darn clear what the cause may have been.

Well here's another one that leaves you scratching your head....TSA has twice visted in the past year the aero club at the AFB I fly out of. Keep in mind this is a military base so you have to have the credentials to get on/in the base. It is not open or accessible to the public. Boggles my mind.

....the elected draw their power through the consent of the governed.

Thanks for the kind words, but we ALL should remember that each one of us have the same power. We just need to remind our elected officials that they work for us, not the other way around.

Everyone should write to their elected officials if this issue pi$$es you off as much as it did me.

Wait, why should we worry about terrorist breaking into our airplanes? Isn't the TSA supposed to keep them from doing that? Especially at a place like O'Hare?

Check out what these morons are up to now:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/08/22/pilot.watch.list/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

The problem with the gov't is that there is no accountability.
Which actually makes America worse than, say Cuba. Cause there everyone knows that if you say something "not kosher" you will go to "rehab", i.e., jail.

Bunch of hypocrites, I say.

When the 9/11 terrorists set out to damage the American way of life, the subsequent creation of an agency beyond the reach of accountability with carte blanche to trample our most basic rights was something beyond their wildest dreams. Add to that the fact that this agency is a cesspool of incompetence charged with the responsibility for keeping our transportation systems secure and we're getting into wet dream territory. I think that they call those "donkey dreams" in that part of the world.

....yet Rez is going to vote for Obama who will bring even more of this "govt. help".....

You ain't seen nothin yet.....

One could not begin to replace the hollow gov't that Bush has made since 9/11. We are more privatized than ever...

Let's make one thing clear.. privatization is NOT democracy. When your public schools are turned into 'Charter' schools (read privatized) there is no longer a public domain...

Bush has privatized the military with Blackwater a prime example....

The exclusive no bid contracts and basic handover of taxpayer funds into the coffers of corporate America is simply undemocratic and unamerican. It is elitism for the elites.... Someone like you championing the Bush Admin is like a slave adoring his master...

If Obama got elected he could not return our gov't from the current unprecedented levels of privatization to what it was during the Reagan and Bush Sr. years...

As usual... you know nothing of what you speak of...

The fact of the matter is... the corporati's do not differentiate between TSA idiots and pilots. we are simply labor and cost to be controlled.

While we get on this message board and pride ourselves for not being "Too Stupid for Arby's" Yet the people that control power and wealth think we are all too stupid for arby's. Need proof? Look at your paycheck and who you are riding with in the "employee bus" from the parking lot to the terminal...

There you are... in your shiny happy smart pilot uniform... riding the *************************ing short bus with the aircraft cleaners, toilet scrubbers and TSA....

Yup... they got us right where they want us...

So chide the TSA for being idiots.... not that its going to do you any good....

Latest resources

Back