• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA considering prosecution of Eagle after TSA Agent breaks airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"...The agency on Tuesday initially apologized after an American spokeswoman disclosed that the inspector could have damaged the nine airplanes he attempted to access by hoisting himself up from the tarmac using the avionics probes on the fuselages as hand grips or ladder rungs.

The probes, mounted on the side of aircraft, measure outside temperature and are key to maintaining proper temperature for onboard computers and cockpit navigation systems..."

Next time hook the plane up to ground power and leave the Pitot/probe heat on. Problem solved.

Last edited:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Amer...hoto_id_DESC_&prev_id=1339916&next_id=1339175

maybe I'm just stupid or something but why would you have to even mess with the tat/smart probes when you can walk up to and open the door from the ground level?

I hope (but don't expect) that AMR will use some of their big buck lawyers to go after the TSA for damages. Also Eagle ALPA should get ALPA national to go after the TSA for any flight crew pay lost because of the cx's flights.

Last edited:
Mr Prater, where the f*ck are you?!? ALPA needs to come out swinging on this issue big time! I'm disgusted that this low level government peon and his supervisor are trying to pin the blame for this on Eagle.

any one from eagle or AA should email this to your congresman!! ASAP, they love this spicially went goverment agencies use SCARE TACTICS with its own people.

I can get into an airplane to, just give me an ax....im sure terrorists would do the same thing!!! Just another reason (of many) why they don't get my respect

"We don't argue that the inspector used the probes as leverage to get into the aircraft," Montenegro said. "But terrorists would not be concerned if they broke a probe to gain access to a plane."

Great, but you're not a F$CKING terrorist. You're actually worse.

I have sent a copy of this article, along with my thoughts on the matter, to every member of the U.S. Senate subcommittee on aviation, which oversees the TSA. I called attention in particular to the TSA's unbelievably arrogant response to their own ineptitude, and called again for the abolishment of this incompetent blight of an agency.

I urge everyone on this board to write to your elected representatives and ask them to take action. If you want to get something done, you need to go to the folks in Congress who have the power to do something about this.

Latest resources

Back