Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eaglepilot6

Has anyone else seen this cr@p "news"?

New security screening equipment installed at CVG, MSP, JAX, NEW, SRQ and TUL September 20, 2011. A new security screening device called AT2, or Advanced Technology 2, has been installed at the following airports: CVG, MSP, JAX, NEW, SRQ and TUL. The AT2 equipment detects specific prohibited items, including liquids, gels, aerosols, organics and shields, and if detected in a passenger’s bag, a secondary inspection of the items will be conducted using a set of LCD display monitors.
If the AT2 alarms for a crew member in uniform, the officer will return the property to the crew member and allow them to proceed into the sterile area. Crew members’ items will not be required to undergo the additional screening. In an effort to expedite the screening process, crew members should be sure to remove any liquids, gels or aerosols from their bag(s) and send them through separately.

How ridiculous. We've gone through how many criminal background checks just to get the job and still have to deal with TSA's nonsense. Good thing you were able to take a look at my extremely hazardous AquaFresh, now all is secure and I feel safer.

Wait you're telling me that I'm at the controls of this plane and there's a what behind my seat?! Nah, you're right TSA, the toothpaste and shaving cream is what's dangerous. Idiots.

I is TSA agent and Rules is rules

I commute from CVG and I was going to work and my husband was with me on his way to visit his mom. He pulls out his "gel pack" and walks through with no hassle. I, in full uniform, with my items all in one toiletry kit, in one place in bag have my bag pulled to be "reviewed." 4 minutes go by while they muck around with 3 other people only to have a TSA agent look back at me and say, "Oh, is that one yours?" (Yeah, the one that says CREW all over it.) "Yes, it is." "Here you go."

Has anyone else seen this cr@p "news"?

New security screening equipment installed at CVG, MSP, JAX, NEW, SRQ and TUL September 20, 2011. A new security screening device called AT2, or Advanced Technology 2, has been installed at the following airports: CVG, MSP, JAX, NEW, SRQ and TUL. The AT2 equipment detects specific prohibited items, including liquids, gels, aerosols, organics and shields, and if detected in a passenger’s bag, a secondary inspection of the items will be conducted using a set of LCD display monitors.
If the AT2 alarms for a crew member in uniform, the officer will return the property to the crew member and allow them to proceed into the sterile area. Crew members’ items will not be required to undergo the additional screening. In an effort to expedite the screening process, crew members should be sure to remove any liquids, gels or aerosols from their bag(s) and send them through separately.

How ridiculous. We've gone through how many criminal background checks just to get the job and still have to deal with TSA's nonsense. Good thing you were able to take a look at my extremely hazardous AquaFresh, now all is secure and I feel safer.

Wait you're telling me that I'm at the controls of this plane and there's a what behind my seat?! Nah, you're right TSA, the toothpaste and shaving cream is what's dangerous. Idiots.

I is TSA agent and Rules is rules

I'm not doing this. I already have to take out my laptop so with the charts and bag I've got three damn things going through the x-ray. Add another bin full off all the food I pack in my bag and my toiletries and a crew member is now taking the time about 3 regular pax would take to get through the checkpoint.

i dont understand why crew has to go thru at all. WE are the weapon on the plane, plus you have a gun in the cockpit.

tsa is retarded

Wait a second... the reason liquids are "banned" is because they could be explosives in disguise.

However this new machine doesn't detect explosives... it detects toothpaste and shaving cream? YGBSM.

I commute from CVG and I was going to work and my husband was with me on his way to visit his mom. He pulls out his "gel pack" and walks through with no hassle. I, in full uniform, with my items all in one toiletry kit, in one place in bag have my bag pulled to be "reviewed." 4 minutes go by while they muck around with 3 other people only to have a TSA agent look back at me and say, "Oh, is that one yours?" (Yeah, the one that says CREW all over it.) "Yes, it is." "Here you go."

You're assuming they know how to read! :nuts:

What ex-TSA Director lobbied to get this contract approve with the Advanced Technology Inc? I bet this guy even had stock in the company. Like the L2 scanners, it has nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with making money. Lobbying the right people, and people profitting off from the government being 'forced' to buy these trash equipment pieces.

Expedite screening????? If I don't want to be there, I want to make sure TSA doesn't want me there. That is precisely why I take my sweet time. If I need additional screening, it's off to a private room, out of view we go, with several TSA staffers. I comply, but am a PITA while I do it.

In an effort to expedite the screening process, crew members should be sure to remove any liquids, gels or aerosols from their bag(s) and send them through separately.

How about NO

Just like now I'm going to make going through security as painful as possible.

Latest resources

Back