trying to break in to the corporate world

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey folks,
I currently fly for a fractional but it is only pic single engine turbine and i have a tt of 2000 and 200 me
is it realistic to expect to get an sic job on a small jet and if so where s a good place to start looking ?

Thanks for the advice in advance !

In the small world of corporate flying it's almost always who you know. You can never do enough networking.

With your hours, and judging by your profile information, it wouldn't hurt for you to go ahead and get your ATP in the meantime. At 2,000 hours, you should probably already have that, and it'll make you look that much better to any interested parties.

What part of the country do you live in?

Thanks for the response , i am in Boston and was just thinking about starting studying for my atp written.
My company also provides their ac free ofcharge for the exam.

Get the ATP ASAP... It's just a given that an applicant should have it. I don't have a clue about how employers view the single engine turboprop experience but I would have to imagine that after about 1000 hrs. it starts going in to the law of diminishing returns.

theIrishflyboy said:
Thanks for the response , i am in Boston and was just thinking about starting studying for my atp written.
My company also provides their ac free ofcharge for the exam.

I agree with the others advise...

heck, dont even waste the .12 on the paper (or your time) by sending out resumes to a professional flying job as a "Commercial Pilot".

Go (like next weekend) to one of those weekend ATP mills and get a multi ATP. DOnt have the 2K? waiting for your job to pay for it?....bad excuses and not worth the delay in career progress. You should have had the ATP at 1501 hrs TT.

Please dont waste time on the single engine deal, people will just look at that as odd. You dont want to be odd.

Just get it done, you are a black sheep without it. 175hr pilots who do freakin Chandelles and Lazy 8s are "commercial pilots".

Gulfstream 200 said:
You should have had the ATP at 1501 hrs TT.
Wow, I feel like a failure now, I had the written at 1,504TT (this was back when you had to have your logbook audited by the FAA and you couldn't take the written prior to 1,500TT) and the ride at 1,527TT, man was I behind! :rolleyes:

Falcon Capt said:
Wow, I feel like a failure now, I had the written at 1,504TT (this was back when you had to have your logbook audited by the FAA and you couldn't take the written prior to 1,500TT) and the ride at 1,527TT, man was I behind! :rolleyes:

I always knew you were a slacker, Capt.

logbook audit? now youre showing your age!!

I just lied and really got mine at 600TT (penciled in the other 900)

same thing with type ratings....always say "Yeah Im typed in that"...heck they send you to school anyhow.

;)

I still say they should audit your logbook. I might help to hold back some "pencil whipping". It's amazing how many 3000 hr. pilots are running around that can't even talk on the radio...:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back