• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Truth About Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you see how Colgan used putting the 2% into their 401K? WTF? What a bunch of morons. Why would I want to put my money in the 401K that is not even matched? That is poor financial advice. At the least I would have opened up a Roth IRA if I had the money to do so!

actually, you are the moron who's getting poor financial advice...obviously, a company match would be beneficial, BUT you should be taking advantage of the 401 for the tax advantages if nothing else..

Actually you are both morons. you should be taking 2% and playing it at the black jack table in vegas. I find you get at least a 20% return immediately and NO tax penalty. PLUS you get free boos.

Av8:

No sir you are mistaken. Why would you want to pay tax on your capital gains instead of up front? With a Roth IRA you do not pay capital gains tax. Why would you invest in a 401K without a match and a limited set of mutual funds is this smart? NO. When you move from one company to another, are you going to take your 401K with you? Yes, but then you again are limited on the type of options offered to you by your new company. On average experts say that if you fully fund a 401K and fully fund a Roth IRA you will net, over a 20 year investment span, 1 million dollars in capital gains TAX FREE... SO WHO IS THE MORON NOW YOU BYOTCH.

o by the way I believe you can deduct your Roth IRA contributions too from your tax statement.

I love you Av8!!!! :)

Good idea!

You know I never get mad at people on here. My typing words does not convey the true meaning of my emotions, which is always light hearted!

I am going to invest in Columbian drug cartels, are they list on the S&P?

I love you Av8!!!! :)

Good idea!

You know I never get mad at people on here. My typing words does not convey the true meaning of my emotions, which is always light hearted!

I am going to invest in Columbian drug cartels, are they list on the S&P?

You guys are smart. I need to pay down my credit card, then once I do that, and buy some new rims for my ride, I'll open up a savings account. We'll all be reaach beeaach

Why are colgan guys talking about retirement and 401k's and investing? That 21 bucks an hour must be going along ways these days. Anyone thinking about retiring at colgan now? Mikey offering pensions to stop the union now?

Latest resources

Back