• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trump is getting a new jet - bye bye 727 at LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is the "American Dream" success story.

1. Start out with $40 Million of family money (Dad's, 1980's dollar value too)

2. Now start building stuff, but before you do, hire a staff of soulless, shark attorneys.

3. Once your legions of contractors are 75%+ completed with the job, tell them you're "not satisfied" with the work, and you're not going to pay.

4. Once your contractors, mostly small companies operating on thin margins without legal teams, start complaining, turn your legal team loose on them and give them a choice, settle for 25-50 cents on the dollar or try to win in court after 5-10 years. Of course, that won't include their legal fees. They of course settle, with a non-disclosure clause of course.

5. Finish your construction, pat yourself on back for getting the job done at 75% of the cost that everyone does, resell building, pocket cash, then sell some books as to how smart you are.

The track records there. I've heard the same story from people in the business, or know those who are from NYC, ACY and PBI. It's always the same story. Any huge contractor, none who fly a junk B727 around, would nail this clown to a wall in a NY second if they had the same crap tried on them.

Look up the little old craftsman in the PBI paper. Little old guy was contracted for a $30K chandelier (sp). As usual, he says, "I'm unhappy" He offers the guy $13K to settle. Old man fights, but finally gives in, says "what am I going to do, go to court for 10 years, I'll be dead before then". Of course, chandelier stayed up.

Heard the "Ex" pulled the same crap after having some pavers done.

2. Now start building stuff, but before you do, hire a staff of soulless, shark attorneys.

3. Once your legions of contractors are 75%+ completed with the job, tell them you're "not satisfied" with the work, and you're not going to pay.

4. Once your contractors, mostly small companies operating on thin margins without legal teams, start complaining, turn your legal team loose on them and give them a choice, settle for 25-50 cents on the dollar or try to win in court after 5-10 years. Of course, that won't include their legal fees. They of course settle, with a non-disclosure clause of course.

5. Finish your construction, pat yourself on back for getting the job done at 75% of the cost that everyone does, resell building, pocket cash, then sell some books as to how smart you are.

The track records there. I've heard the same story from people in the business, or know those who are from NYC, ACY and PBI. It's always the same story. Any huge contractor, none who fly a junk B727 around, would nail this clown to a wall in a NY second if they had the same crap tried on them.

Look up the little old craftsman in the PBI paper. Little old guy was contracted for a $30K chandelier (sp). As usual, he says, "I'm unhappy" He offers the guy $13K to settle. Old man fights, but finally gives in, says "what am I going to do, go to court for 10 years, I'll be dead before then". Of course, chandelier stayed up.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. This guy is not exactly the self-made man.

Heard that he would find a fingerprint on the "gold-plate" somewhere in the 727 and just go bananas......

Good call. Trump is great at selling himself being a bully.

Any rumors on what he might be buying? My bet is a wingletted, geriatric (but renovated) 737-100 with gold-plated toilets. Nice red "T" on the tail. Very tacky...

Latest resources

Back