• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trump is getting a new jet - bye bye 727 at LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good for him. If he can afford it, great. Welcome to America. Make yourself a couple billion, and you too can buy a jumbo jet.

He could have sold the 727 and not replaced it, and expanded the jobless pilot pool.

Instead some pilots have employment.

I see no negatives in this.

A BBJ should be pretty similar in size to a 727-100, maybe a little bigger.

I ran into a guy I used to fly cargo with in 727's at Jet Aviation in PBI and he was flying for Trump.

Good for him. If he can afford it, great. Welcome to America. Make yourself a couple billion, and you too can buy a jumbo jet.

He could have sold the 727 and not replaced it, and expanded the jobless pilot pool.

Instead some pilots have employment.

I see no negatives in this.

I could just see him bringing the pilots into the board room and letting them bicker back and forth at each other using every cliche catch phrase known to man.

Then after they will go to commercial.... Trump will say, "You're Fired!"

I could just see him bringing the pilots into the board room and letting them bicker back and forth at each other using every cliche catch phrase known to man.

Then after they will go to commercial.... Trump will say, "You're Fired!"

Larry was in charge of catering

Larry, can you explain how this fell thru the cracks? The turkey meat request?

First, Dave told me he was in contact with the catering people. So I don't know where he gets off blaming me. Second, I was busy trying to pick up that FBO chick.

Dave, what do you have to say?

etc etc ad nauseum

I wounder if his new aircraft will need a flight engineer?

Too bad Trump continues to live the American Dream, yet decides that registering his planes in a foreign country is better.

Too bad Trump continues to live the American Dream, yet decides that registering his planes in a foreign country is better.

Too bad DOT, FAA and TSA won't allow a private owner to have a large aircraft on part 91 anymore... don't blame Trump (or others) a bit.

Hard to live that dream when the USG is stepping on your throat.

(edited for anti-bureaucratic hate speech)

Last edited:

and how would registering it in this country enhance the dream? create some paper pusher jobs at FAA I suppose?

you realize like 60% of Fortune 500 companies have registrations in Delaware and in off-shore locations, for tax advantages?

the American Dream means that the free market is entitled to whatever they are smart enough to legally take advantage of.

Last edited:
VP - something creates some veil of ownership and may be giving the principal less exposure to enter airports without scrutiny.
Ask the (used to be) big three automakers, banks, "fill in an industry trying to hide".

Incognito is not that bad ....

Latest resources

Back