Trouble Editing NJA PDF Pilot Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captgimp

I am trying to edit and add my info to the NJA application package that I downloaded from their jobs website. Neither my mac or PC seems to permit adobe reader to do anything more than save and print the document. I've filled out many PDF documents before, but this one is killing me.

How have others handled this? I'm ready to send my resume & cover letter in, but this glitch is holding up the process and I'd rather not use snail mail.

thanks!

More than one way to skin a cat. . .

I ended up copying each page onto a powerpoint slide then used the text box tool to fill out each block. Ended up looking good, especialy the fact that I could alter the size of the font a bit to make everything fit. The only catch was that it ended up being a big file. Some folks have downloaded the trial version of Acrobat and used it on the 30-day freeware basis, other folks have filled it out by hand and gotten the interview.

Of course, since I haven't gotten a call for an interview yet, maybe my technique isn't the best solution.

I don't think the PDF application is designed with the functionality to fill in the blanks as some PDFs are. The PDFs that I've seen with that capability usually have blue blanks.
It's a good idea though; I'm surprised the recruiting department hasn't recreated the form for that specific purpose.

Try PDFPen for Mac (google it). It's a cheap way to edit PDF files and save them too.

Skyward80

Latest resources

Back